Jk's VR6 Journal (Maintenance and Plymouth Volksfest pics 28/5/08)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the respray and valet. 20/4/07

I have no side strips as yet as the clips broke and im awaiting for some more from Richie. Wheels are going in for refurb this week hopefully Polished TT comps (just to be different). Not 100% happy with the paint work, but that will be sorted when i have time to be without the car again. But heres some photos anyhow.

Enginevalet.jpg

Interiorvalet.jpg

Interiorvalet2.jpg

Valet1.jpg

Valet4.jpg

Valet3.jpg

Valet2.jpg

Who painted it for you fella? It's got to be someone local. I guess the problem's with the quarter panel? I know it was a difficult decision, but with all that filler, no amount of expert skimming I would of thought, will prevent it from sinking back. Looks good from what I can see at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

30th May.

Now after a difficult decision about my wheels i decided to bite the bullet and try and polish my TT's myself (the inners) as nobody wanted to touch them. Now i knew they would never look as good as Sals, Binliners or Sankys, but i just want them on my car. So if you remember what they looked like when i bought them, this is where im upto now. Needless to say my arms hurt, my fingers are swolen, and i think my hands will be stained for a while to come. But im pretty pleased with how things have gone really.

Heres the pics.

When i bought them they had a lot of kerbing around the edges, but only cost me £150 and £10 in fuel:

c05b_1.jpg

Then i had the faces polished £160

TTShine.jpg

But it left the inners looking seriously skanky, so i asked to have them polished- nobody locally would touch them, so i thought about having them sprayed, that was going to be another £200 ish...So after a week i decided to go for it myself. This is the outcome so far. Three wheels done in two days.

The one of the left has been done slightly,

DSC00154.jpg

Early stages of the sanding down

DSC00157.jpg

The most recent pic

DSC00158.jpg

Mod Edit to Resize Pics

Moderator edit by: TheGoth

Over the last two days ive been trying to get my wheels finished, get my car finished and it was my g/f's birthday, so its been a bit crazy.

I dont think the wheels will be on this weekend so its going to be a tight squeeze to get them done in time for Volksfest.

Anyway, an update.

2nd June:

Bumperless- being resprayed

VR1stJune4.jpg

Bonnet and front bumper being resprayed

VR1stJune3.jpg

Spraying in action (Yes no booth :( )

VR1stJune2.jpg

Bare front end.

VR1stJune.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought some new headlights. Was debating on getting the angel eye ones or not, but i decided against it. So this is what i have. Hopefully will make the front look a bit meaner.

0213_1.jpg

Next on the list is a polished manifold if i can find one!