Jk's VR6 Journal (Maintenance and Plymouth Volksfest pics 28/5/08)

Just thought id start more of a journal of whats happened to the VR since ownership. So here goes.

Travelled for 17 hours to pick it up from Skegness on 17/10/06 and looked like this:

JVs222.jpg

JVs225.jpg

Got it back and the first thing to fit was some new rear lights and side repeaters 25/10/06

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

November saw the addition of a RAM AIR induction kit courtesy of VDUBGIRL

PIPENEEDED.jpg

End November/December time saw the inclusion of some crystal front indicators and fogs, new german plates, badgeless grill and some new headlight bulbs.

DSCF2058.jpg

Also picked up some TT Comps.

c05b_1.jpg

But in the process cracked one of my fogs which then let water in!

Mid December purcheased a new Remus Backbox and longlife cat back pipe

The new year saw a purchase of a new 4.2" Sony dvd Headunit, new front indicators and fogs!

12/2/07- Was dealt a blow when a Deer ran out in front of me in pouring rain, in a country lane which resulted in this and a hefty £500+ repair bill :(

DSCF2244.jpg

DSCF2245.jpg

DSC00086.jpg

New parts required for repair

- Grill

- Bonnet

- Bumper

- Wing

- Slam panel

- Splitter.

Moderator edit by: Admin

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically the car is going into the bodyshop tomorrow to get the initial damage fixed. Then i shall go from there. Got my TAX and MOT @ the end of March, so the future is looking bleak @ the moment. Just taking each day as it comes now. :(

I saw it in the flesh today, certainly looks repairable and although the accident is a kick in the teeth for him, he can at least say he got off lightly.

Big dent in his wallet and his plans have to go out to the right, luckily he's faithful to the DUB cause and is keen to stick with it.

Big up ya mate, someday soon you will have a sweet DUB ;-)

Got the VR back today 21/2/07. Not looking brilliant but it will have to do for now. The final bill came to £677.50. Had to have the air con decompressed and re-compressed again £75. Also had the on car VAG.COM and i need 3 sensors and a new AUX belt. If that wasnt bad enough, my TAX and MOT is @ the end of March too :(

Will get pics of the work carried out, not bad for two days.

22/2/07- Got the VR back from the body shop after 2 days being in there.

Not too bad for now. Lacquer has come off on the door where the wing pushed into it and i have decided the side skirts need to come off as they are rotten.

Heres what it looks like now:

DSCF2272.jpg

DSCF2273.jpg

24/2/07- Removed the side skirts as they were scrapping against the door when opened and they were a little rusty on top. The pictures show what i mean. Unforunately as soon as i took them off the heavens opened up and couldnt get any pics without them on and all cleaned up.

DSCF2285.jpg

DSCF2286.jpg

DSCF2287.jpg

The arch on that pic is really bad, ideally the rear quarter panel needs replacing as the rear window has been put through @ some point and its bubbling up around the window. I bought it cheapish in the first place because of that, but i was never aware of how bad it was until i had travelled the 300+ miles to see it! :(

• 3 weeks later...