Post your rolling road results here!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://youtu.be/sLM4Rey0WPg T04E 57trim P turbine wheel .81 housing Eip turbo manifold Flipside customs intake manifold Autotech 262s Bosch 044 with home made surge tank, stock in tank pump Mustang co

mine made 365.2bhp 302 tq mk3 vr6 rotrex c30 94  yesterday at stealth racing good job

I managed to get at the flywheel 188BHP 197lb ft from my 2.9 corrado, with only a pipercross filter (in the standard air box) and a miltek exhaust system, has done 105miles. very impressed with the t

Posted Images

cheers kev, its a fair bit quicker and better to drive since we bombed it down the bypass. im hoping to bump it up to a nice 1.3 bar or 20 ish psi ... thats should see me over 400 .. im also looking to replace me wastegate as mine has some weird spring in it .. maybe 20-25 mm in dia ... ordered a 36mm and its way to big ..

arse :(

Yeah yours has come a long way since then, not that it was bad to begin with! Just noticed in your avatar you're on gearbox no 3? Seriously? Was it gunning up the strip that broke them?

I'm just looking at your plot and the torque does climb very quickly, but it also drops 100lbft from 4500 to 7000. I'm just thinking if you're breaking gearboxes and looking to get your times down, maybe go to a bigger turbo? Later spool, saves the box, but stonking top end held to 7000? Just a thought :-)

I've not had any probs with my gearbox yet, touch wood, but it's a road only car I guess....

Good stuff mate, it's coming along nicely!

yeah box number 3.. tbh i do alot of sprints and track days , niether will help the box, they are also boxs with un varifyed mileage , not that i think it would help.

i reallly like my turbo, but a biggerhousing does make sense.

im hpoing my wastegate issue's will solve my trq problems, as in the car you cannot feel the difference.

ive also got some turbo gaskets to chaneg as i have a slight blow, only small stuff but i spouse it all adds up.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha, "Jim'll fix it", love it :-)

I don't think I could be bothered to change the box 3 times but fair play to you mate! Have you considered an 02M conversion? Something I've been meaning to do for ages but haven't got round to it.

3" exhaust next too, but I'm concerned about annoying my neighbours with the noise. Is yours 3" or 2.5"? I can't remember!

I've only just achieved a completely gas tight exhaust setup after 3 years, LOL! If your leaks are pre-turbine, then you should notice a slight performance improvement and even quicker spool if you fix them!

It took a new manifold, new gaskets, a resurfaced wastegate flange (it warped when welding it to the downpipe, but I didn't spot that at the time) and lots of swearing and sanding / filing to get mine leak free....

yep 3" dual box system, not to loud and super quite at 70-80 mph, your more than welcome to see what you think . made in cutlery grade stainless, so it will never rust :)

new gaskets etc are next, fingers crossed it solves my minor problems

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

New VR purchased back in Sept 2010 been itching to get on RR to see where it stands, heres the results from a Dynapack Chassis Dyno test on 4th Jan 2010 at Torquetronix, Kells N. Ireland :)

Max Power - 165.3 HP @ 5924rpm

Max Torque - 163.6 lb-ft @ 4657rpm

VR6 2.8 OBD1

Mk3 Golf 1994

Circa 130k

dyno1.jpg

Fullsize -

K&N 57i + cold air feed to lower bumper

Unknown De-cat & 2.5" Straight Through Exhaust System

Does anyone know what transmission losses are trypically for a VR? Have seen ~20% values used for RR or +20-40HP to get Flywheel BHP but that would be a unfair assumption as I had no tyre drag. Any Ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ok guys here my setup and power

Golf Mk 3 VR6 1995

ODB1

DOR 268 cams

Miltek Exhaust with Decat Standard Manifold

Universal Air Filter

Maximum power speed 6066rpm (127.2)

Power at flywheel 212.0 bhp

Power at wheels 167.7bhp

Powerloss 43.6 bhp