I have been looking on e bay and found new stainless 6 branch for £180 delivered the thing that is worring me a little is the fact that the standard down pipe has a flexi and 6 branch does not . how do u over come this i was thinking about getting a cat bye pass and putting a flexi in it .

Better off spending a bit more money on a quality one mate. Cheap ones are prone to sheering and breaking. You're right you do need flexi joints on them just like the original exhaust manifold to keep it as independent as possible to engine movement. Also its a good idea to get the front and gearbox engine mounts uprated to Vibratechnic or similar to reduce engine movement.

are they the vf mounts ? if do u get any extra engine noise through the car . i put some cheep one on a mk 2 once and it was like being in a rally car dash used to rattle u didnt need to look at the rev tac u could feel when to change gear .

You can get away with a VF front one as the front cross member the mount sits on is isolated by rubber bushes. Don't use a VF rear one or gearbox mount, they're ridiculous.

The best mounts by far are Vibratechnics.

As far as I know it is wise to change the gearbox one as well as it supports the other end of the engine... this will stop the "rocking back and forth" motion. The front one will stop this to a certain extent on its own but the gearbox one should ideally be done as well to eliminate any movement. I was told by The Phirm the very rear mount doesn't take much of the engine weight and as such doesn't normally need doing plus if it is done it increases vibration slightly through the steering wheel as it is located right next to the steering column apparently.