[poll] Mk5 R32 - Offical Pictures released

VW (Germany) Press release:

http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms_publish/vwcms/master_public/brand_portal/de30/models/golf/golf0/ausstattungslinien/golf_r32.html

VWVortex (English) article here:

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/volkswagen_news/article_1472.shtml

r32_01.jpg

r32_04.jpg

r32_02.jpg

What do you reckon?

Love it or hate it, it's bound to bring the prices of second-hand Mk4 R32s down! Woo-Hoo!!!

r32_01.jpg

Is it me or does this car look like a bloody merc A class on steriods! &| !ill

Sorry i don't like it looks to chav with that chrome grill and I hate that interior colour B) Its not angry or aggressive looking enough for me. Unfortunalty VW really have lost the plot when it comes to making a good aggressive looking sports car. To me this car is just another mkV golf !sad

However I am in love with the MkV GTI and deffo know thats will be my next car after the VR6 :D !shy ;)

I saw these pics the other day on the vw vortex site after looking at the sump guard ingham posted about and have to admit I wasn't that impressed by the look of it.

Having said that I don't like the mkv much anyway, it was the same with the mk4, i didn't like that when it first came out, but grew on me after a while.

Maybe after a few people get hold of it and mod it abit it will look alot better.

I don't like the front chrome one little bit - it looks like there's bull bars bolted onto the front of the thing - another example of thie "everyone wants an off-roader" thinking that is infecting the car industry right now.

Wheels are nasty too - they would have to come off straight away...

Sure, it could look nice with a bit of modding, but the beauty of the Mk4 R32 was that it was all done for you straight out of the factory and it didn't need touching.

We've still got the GTI Lightweight to come though. Hopefully they'll do a better job of the styling on that....

I love it' date=' and there talking about making an R36!! Quite like the idea of a 3.6 in the Mk2. !amazed

[/quote']

The 3.6 litre VR engine is going to be available in the Passat soon. Wonder who will be the first to dump one of these engines in a Mk2?