what tyre brand is everyone using at the moment????

yokohama and they r shit with a capital S iv just had a little 2 minute drive in the wet and its tottaly crap NO GRIP at all too much sidewall movement making the car nervous which would be great if it induced oversteer like the toyos did but it justr understeers like mad and feels like it wants to snap oversteer NOT GOOD gives me no confidence to carry any speed through wet/greasy off camber bends it really is a night and day difference the toyos were fantstic especially in the wet loads of grip lovely progressive oversteer it was fantastic on wet roundabouts looked like rwd u could really balance it beutifully

Ive got Dunlop Sport SP2000 (?) - very impressed with the grip, but then again anything would be better than the last set i had (Hankook Ventus - steer clear - had a puncture, and thats all they had at the tyre place)

nice thanks for the feedback, think i will stick with my toyos then, i have had 3 sets and tbh i think they are great tyres for what they cost, i dont do much mileage so they always last a bit longer for me anyway!! few corner scrubs :@ gotta test the sidewalls too sometimes! lets you know your alive! i will send you a mail today dub-weiser, cheers.

I've got a set of Pirelli P7000 on the rear which I didn't like at all when they were on the front.

My Eagle F1's are now on the front and its much better, I love them, a bit more expensive but well worth it.

Will have Toyo proxes all round when the new wheels are on, never had them before so will be good to see what they are like.

I've heard Toyos wear very quickly so I'll be avoiding them. Got Dunlop S9000's at the moment, they seem alright, not grippy enough for me though. I'll be going for Goodyear Eagle F1's next if I can't get a good deal on Michelin Pilot Sports.

Started with Toyo Proxes T1-S, 2 sets. Very grippy and predictable tyre wet and dry, but a bit soft for my liking, could feel them squidging about and they wore down quickly.

Moved onto Fulda Carat Extremos, not too different in grip levels from the Toyos, but not as soft. Wore well driven normally but hard cornering tore them apart.

Now got Bridgestone RE 720's and am well impressed. They grip better than both the above and wear extremely well. Done 3 trackdays on a set now and they look almost new at the back and only a bit worn at the front. A bit less predictable than the Toyos but there a very good tyre and id get them again.

Had to get 2 new tyres for the front about 5 months back and got Yoko A043A's, no Eagle F1's in my size :( . The Yoko's have been absolutely brilliant in all weather conditions. I had never heard of them before but I would certainly recommend them.

The only downside was

I just (today i.e about 8 hours ago) put toyo proxies t1s on my fronts, replacing the perelli pzero 205/40 17's i had. I can tell you now, that the grip is awesome, i still had 2mm of tread on my perelli's but decided to change them to see the difference, i now have 1 perreli on my spare and one in the garage, but crikey, the toyo's are so grippy around corners!

but the pzero's seem to be more comfortable >100mph.

both are z rated.

i got the toyo's for 72 pounds including fitting and tracking each.