[SOLD] VW GOLF 2.8 VR6 HIGHLINE

I bought this car last year in with the intention of super charging it, due to other commitments and work I no longer have the time for it. The car is in use every weekend so milage may increase a little.

It was originally an Auto and was converted professionally by the previous owner. Gear box is smooth and is perfect no issues what so ever. The gearbox was removed from a donor vehicle that covered 100k miles.

Auxiliary belt has been changed old one is in the boot. In the process of having the manual conversion the clutch was also replaced with a brand new one. I have no proof of this as I was told by the previous owner. I have no reason to doubt his claim as everything else was how he described. 

Engine is superb no leaks or rattles, I drove this back over 300 miles when I purchased it and I enjoyed every minute of it. Currently it has covered approximately 117,750  miles, No sign of chain rattle or wobbly pulleys, they seem fine.

The car stands quite at idle, even at speed unless you hit the throttle which brings out the amazing VR6 grunt. I have pictures of work being carried out for anyone to view.

*Exterior 

Bodywork for the age is outstanding in my opinion, no rust under arches or in any other common rust spots, only bit of rust noted is on the roof where the windscreen meets the body. Its about the size of a 10p coin. Underneath is the same very clean for the age of the car, as you know the sills are a weak point on these, will probably need attention in the near future. I had it undersealed not so long ago. Small surface scratches here and there and a few stone chips on the bonnet, I put this down to wear and tear.

Wheels are near mint condition slight curbing on the rears on inner lip (I have stretched tyres) genuine 16" staggered Porsche D90's in gunmetal grey with fantastic tyre thread all round (almost like new) 6J at front 8J at rear. They have been fitted using 20MM FK hub centric adaptors.

*Interior  

Headlining restored in black velvet leaving some areas as highlights (see pics) looks lovely and it really sets this car apart from others. A polished show cage is fitted, if not to your taste it is easily removed. The front seats have been replaced with genuine MK4 Recaro's they look stunning and really keep you in the seat when driving and taking corners. These will still need a little adjusting if I have to be honest, they work as they should. The heating element for these can be retrofitted, switches are still present. Currently not connected.

*Fresh 12 months MOT (June 2017)

*Stainless steel 6 branch exhaust manifold

*Polished Corrado 2.9 inlet manifold (better air intake)

*PCV valve deleted

*Air Con deleted

*Rear wiper deleted

*R-power induction kit (cone style)

*Upgraded 10MM HT leads 

*MK4 full leather Recaro seats

*MK4 gear knob (wood style) 

*High flow sports cat

*Sebring exhaust (centre & rear)

*Genuine Moretti quad headlights with 8K HID's

*Adjustable coil-overs (all round)

*Original spark plug remover on bonnet catch 

*Aero wiper upgrade

*Power windows/Tilt & slide E.Sunroof/E.Side mirrors

*New Crank sensor fitted 16/06/2016

*6 previous owners

*Bad bits

Front driver side headlight is cracked. Glass can be purchased online via Ebay etc.

Part service history + VOSA MOT printouts. This can be verified online by anyone. 

A Few bits need attention as mentioned which are not very concerning or expensive to fix. Very reluctant sale as I put in a lot of my time and money in getting it near mint, I'm not desperate to sell so wont be letting it go for peanuts so please no haggling, I have been very honest in describing the vehicle there maybe things I have forgotten therefore I will update as soon as possible. I did a complete HPI when purchasing and it was all clear. But please do your own checks for peace of mind.

*Extras

I have quite a few new and used bits and pieces that Im happy to give with the car, these will be added at NO EXTRA cost if my asking price is met. 

PICTURES & VIDEOS available on request. (WhatsApp messenger)

NO test drives without proof of fully comp insurance and driving license. 

NO swaps/Px, straight sale only.

Viewings can be arranged in advance.

Advertised elsewhere.

Cash offers welcome.

57704eb2451ef_ImageUploadedByTheVR6Owner

Cost a fair bit to keep like that i hope ashp89 look afters it like i did.. Rare to find rust free ones.. For me it was my last vr6, owned so many so think its time to retire lol had a lot planned for it!

You'll never be to old for a VR in your life.

Once it's gone you'll want another.