• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think what he's trying to say justin is that although the speedo needle is off the clock, if you're flat out racing that sort of beemer it must be around the 155 mark as thats what they are limited to, standard, by the electronic limiter!

I saw a very respectable speedo reading of 240 kph ( approx 150 mph) out of my last dub, my heavily modded tornado red rallye,it felt planted too! and i did see a sign saying M26 "private runway" officer! i am sure the vr6 will get "tested" there too! also got a skoda Octavia VRS "company" car upto 140 aswell (it has got blue lights on the roof though!) :)

all this talk of private runways leads me to tell you my sister has just moved to a house that does actually have a private runway !!

it's on the edge of a small airfield on the outskirts of york, and next time i'm through i will be using the facilities

the actual reason was that he was familiarising himself with a new car... good job the armed police don't try out their new guns in the same way!

Good point about the guns... although he didn't need to familiarise himself with doing 63 in a 30 zone though. What a nob... how do you justify that?

Although the copper "got away" with the "dangerous driving" aspect,(your driving cannot be deemed dangerous if it is in a situation like this, ie a straight line no cars etc etc, the danger is more to himself) he will have still got "stuck on" at his work place probably losing his police driving permit x) etc etc... i dont agree with pointless speed but hey we have all done it!!!!!! or we wouldnt have the cars we have would we????? time and a place for it and all that.... !amazed

Although the copper "got away" with the "dangerous driving" aspect' date='(your driving cannot be deemed dangerous if it is in a situation like this, ie a straight line no cars etc etc, the danger is more to himself) he will have still got "stuck on" at his work place probably losing his police driving permit x) etc etc... i dont agree with pointless speed but hey we have all done it!!!!!! or we wouldnt have the cars we have would we????? time and a place for it and all that.... !amazed

[/quote']

but any1 of us could have advanced driving qualifications, and it wouldn't make any difference if we had just been pulled over for doing 159mph (no matter what the situation is). but yeah! we have all done it at some point (prob not at that speed) but thier is deffo a case of 1 rule for us and another for them, and that is what gets to me !amazed

Granted it is a bit of "who watches the watchers" scenario, but the "Clown 8) Prosecution Service" make the decisions at the end of the day! you are right though it does get peoples backs up! if you have advanced driver training thats always a good argueing point with a magistrate! a friend of mine got away with a hefty fine and six points for 126 mph on the m2 in his very loud mk2 G60 last year!

4 up at 155 in an XJR 4.0 V8 Supercharged Jag on the way to Silerstone a couple of years ago is the fastest for me! it was on the rev limiter! so it probably had tons more but is restricted! not bad for a 2 ton car! + 4 people it only felt like 80 mph as it was so quiet!

love xjr's. shame they don't do a manual. in my line of work i manage to get my hands on alot of nice cars. couple of months ago i had to go to a porsche dealer to pick up to boxters s's. on the way back to the auction, the guy in the other 1 put his foot down at a round about, but i couldn't get away in time. i was doin over 120mph when i got back behind him. got a evo 6 tommy to over 80mph on site, and a m5 to about the same (both have very good brakes) !amazed

I've nudged 160mph (the fastest I've ever been) on the back (pinion) of a Fireblade, and I SHIT my pants.

I know there are a few in Plymouth on here and those that are, will know the Parkway from Marshmills down to the Tamar Bridge, we hit 160 on the stretch from Crownhill past the turning off to Devonport. Then got to the roundabout by the bridge turned round and he fucker did it again, that time I didn't have the bottle to take my head out from behind him because of the buffeting from the wind!!!

All this on a fookin friday afternoon after worrk, what a nob, I could seriously have died.

The guy had fallen off it a couple weeks before and covered it in leopard print fabric!

I told him not to do it but what can you do when your not in control of a bike?

I know there are a few in Plymouth on here and those that are' date=' will know the Parkway from Marshmills down to the Tamar Bridge[/quote']

Yup i know there well, that stretch was the first bit of open road i took my VR on driving it back from Saltash, didn't go as fast as you though, my dad was sat next to me telling me to take it easy lol ;)

I haven't put my foot down yet, it's so effortless in the VR and i'm afraid a police T5 would be up my arse as soon as i slowed down with a nice video for me to watch ;)

I took my last car (Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC) up to 145 once, early morning, speed was taken from my GPS Snooper as my speedo was nudging 152/3!

I did get to drive a Diablo SV at Prestwold Hall on a Ferrari driving day - the 360 I was meant to drive had snapped a cambelt so they offered the Diablo as a replacement :D Only used first 3 gears but that was good enough for 140 on the straight.

Must say, driving the VR is completely different to the prelude (which had 198bhp from 2.2 but only 158 lbft torque) I am really enjoying the 'put the foot down at any speed, in any gear and it goes' experience !lol