Hi I'm Russell I've owned my corrado for 6 years or so after my last corrado had to go due to rust issues...

This time I went for the vr6 in dark burgundy pearl and fitted the coilovers ,all red rears and cream leather from my old car..

It's had a few engines in my ownership first original 2.9 vr wasn't running well so swapped that out for a rebuilt coilpack passat 2.8 lump this was great fitted a 6 branch,de cat and magnex exhaust and enjoyed that for a wile ,,I then wanted more from it so fitted a mk4 golf 4mo lump and smoothed the bay whilst I had everything out..

This didn't last long as I have always wanted a vrt so 4mo engine was sold and I've started on the vrt project...

So far I have a stealth mapped ecu and loom ,4"maf setup ,low mileage obd2 engine now fitted with new chain guides 2mm spacer plate,layered gasket,new genuine head bolts,ebay manifold,gt35 turbo (eBay special just to get it running) 38mm wastegate,short runner and bosch 440 green tops..

Wheels are now RH zw1s fully polished 8.5 x17s

Will have 288 front brakes and has mk4 rear calipers ..

Few pics

image_zpsde6967a6.jpg

IMG_0498_zpsb46461e9.jpg

IMG_0804_zps5ef68aab.jpg

image_zps8f2311f2.jpg

21900d92-bbc4-440d-a6db-9ad7a5bd6a9b_zps

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn't live with the red so have gone gloss black,ancilerys will be sprayed satin black with dbp racked,inlet and boost pipes.. How it used to look

Got a nice big Holset turbo on its way!

Wow long time since I updated this! All is running fine now at 11psi ,goes like a scalded cat and sounds increadable! New seats ,,heated ,electric recaros... Will update more soon but currently put

Thanks,,the paint isn't as good as it looks in the pics due to stone chips on the front edge of the bonnet and someone did a bodge filling job of the rear vw badge that has cracked and started to rust so this will all be sorted for next spring when I hope to get it back on the road..

I just need intercooler,oil lines and have to fabricate a full 3" exhaust and boost pipes ,I try to do everything myself on the drive,,,

• 2 months later...

Little update,,

Not been able to do anything to it for a wile as been really busy at work and 3 kids taking up all my time,,but I have had the oil feed and return lines made up so wilst I'm off over Xmas I plan to get the turbo hooked up ,change my pedal box because I still have the dbw in from the 24v ,and get the wiring done ,then just intercooler and exhaust to fit and it's ready for body work thanks to my gazebo being Brocken by the wind and bouncing down the side of my car ,,,

Will update with pics once there's something to show..

Cheers

Ok managed to spend an hour on the car today between rain showers and high winds,,didn't get any pics but got the turbo oil feed and sensors back in ,power steering pump connected and new aux belt fitted ,then the rain came so will have another go tomorrow and get some pics,,

All being well I hope to do all the wireing tomorrow and possibly get the sump off to weld in an oil drain tube...

Finally found some time to work on the car and managed to get a fair bit ,,

Will let the pics do the talking for now..

Wheels been inspected before they went into hibernation

image_zpsd2af76d7.jpg

And back to engine work,

Oil return pipe welded into sump ,still need to clean it up and paint it but checked and it cleares the drive shaft nicely,,

image_zpsca73e86a.jpg

image_zps099173bf.jpg

image_zps4d6ca97f.jpg

image_zps92f581d6.jpg

As it stands now

image_zps397f2eec.jpg

Plan to get a bit more done before new year..

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments,, will take you for a spin when it's done Luke ,,,

I built my down pipe at the weekend just need to make the rest of the exhaust now ,going for 3" 200 cell cat then 3" straight through pipe to back box will be pretty loud I think but don't want to choke the turbo,,

My intercooler has arrived it has 3" inlet and outlets so can run 3" to throttle body but will drop to 2.5" from turbo just need time to fit it,,

The rest of the parts I need will be ordered in a couple of weeks and hope to get it all fitted when I take a week off work in March

Hope it goes to plan!,,

Progressing nicely mate! Will be interesting to hear how you get on with the 3". I've opted for a custom 2.5" straight through with decat.

Let us know how you get on with the 312 brakes too, I considered them but a set of Tarox 6 pot 323s came up at a good price. Will you be attending any shows this year? Hopefully see you at one

• 1 month later...

Well stil plodding on with this ,did a little bit this weekend and after finding a great build on vortex I have changed how I'm routing the boost pipes to give the bay as smooth and clean look as I possibly can ,not easy with a vrt in the very tight rado bay.

All parts are here now just need time to fabricate and get it all fitted..

Pics

IMG_1364_zpsb9d8da84.jpg

IMG_1361_zps8318dc5b.jpg

IMG_1360_zpscb054f1a.jpg

Intake and rocker will be colour coded too so should look neat and tidy,,