In two minds about a 4motion purchase!

What kind of trouble are you talking about?

All cars will break down at some point' date=' guaranteed.....VWs just dont break down as often as most makes.

[/quote']

Like Ben and Craig say, they're pretty bullet proof. Just make sure you don't buy one that needs nearly everything replacing.... like some big handsome guy that I happen to know ;)

Had mine since oct and only prob has been the clutch pedal snapping but that's just a mk4 thing.

Wasn't too happy that despite FSH my mate who works on my cars (ex VAG master tech) reckons the Haldex oil hadn't ever been changed. But now it's all sorted.

Also found an induction kit from my old E36 323i laying in my house the other day, popped it on the 4mo and it sounds awesome :D

When I'd decided I wanted an R32 I was bracing myself fir £400 a year tax' date=' till I started looking into it. You can even get some early mk5 R32s for £245 tax a year

[/quote']

How come mate? I thought tax was more on them after x reg? How does it work then?

Well any car with a co reading above 225 but registered before march I think 2006 got put into hand k at 245 per year

Saw 2 barge poles and a maybe, (ripples on its roof, and the other was so bad it was funny)

Will up my budget...........

Incidentally, any 4motion owners around n12 in London want to show me what a good one looks and sounds like, pm me, and the petrol and a pint will be on me

There are some very nice cars out there for reasonable money. There was early confusion from main dealers on the Haldex service intervals which should be 20k oil and 40k oil and filter. Fire away with questions if you feel the need....

I'd heard it was every 40k but my mate said 20k. For the sake of about £40 I'll just do it every 20k. He only charged me £100 for full oil change and haldex serive so it wasn't worth me messing about.

I paid £3450 for mine in Oct, 82k, fsh, totally standard in dark blue. They seem to have come down a bit now though.

bought my 4 motion in july 80000 miler no probs no regrets love it. you might think they have probs when you come on the forum but its just that folk can get very good advice on here who may have a few issues for the price of the membership fee. (bargain) but there will be thousands of 4motions out there with no probs you just have to find a good one.

vin no is stamped on the metal cross piece (dont know the correct term) at the back of the engine bay with bonnet up,but covered in plastic with a viewing window to enable you to see the vin no, if its anything like mine though its very hard to actually read this through the plastic window. I think the vin is also on a sticker under the boot carpet if i remember right. good hunting!

Get yourself one!!!!!!...I bought mine last June and it has had a few typical Mark 4 issues like cooling fans, leaking rear washer and front wipers seized but all sorted. I also own a Mark 5 Edition 30 which is an awsome car but the 4 mo is my favourite and the sound that V6 makes is great...just make sure you do your homework so you know what you should be looking for. Some good guys on here all to ready to advise you if needed.