In two minds about a 4motion purchase!

Hi all,

I now have a few magazine road tests and the factory brochure but what I don't have is a cockpit diagram that shows what/where all the controls are, The kind of thing you get in an owners manual. I would like to be able to check everything is working.

Can anybody help.

Thanks.

Dia 31, no 11

I saw a car the other day that said 'SERVICE NOW' when I switched its ignition on, Does that mean there is some kind of countdown, ie how much notice does it give that something needs attention?

Also:

replacing the suspension polybushes

New pads (discs ?)

4 Tyres

all fluids

How much should I budget for this (ball park)

Thanks.

Dia 31' date=' no 11

I saw a car the other day that said 'SERVICE NOW' when I switched its ignition on, Does that mean there is some kind of countdown, ie how much notice does it give that something needs attention?

you saw this on a VR?

Also:

replacing the suspension polybushes whole kit £150

New pads (discs ?) £30 - 90 dependant on spec

4 Tyres £varies on spec good tyres £70 each

all fluids £50 oil whole service antifreeze £15 brake fluid £10

How much should I budget for this (ball park)

Thanks.

[/quote']

Don't need VAG-COM to reset service indicator. If the car is for sale and requires a service you need to ask yourself if it has been looked after properly or if there have been things skipped to save money. If you service yourself and use OEM parts from TPS it is surprisingly affordable.

Hi all' date='

Got myself behind the wheel of a 4motion today,

Is this normal............

1) Suspension, too soft.

2) Stiff and snatchy gearchange action on downchanges, even when heel,n,towing.

3) No bottom end

-------------

bungy

TPS?

--------------

[/quote']

1: not the hardest you will ever find but not a marshmellow

2: not the slickest by any means but smoth and not notchy clutch is a bit on or off tho

3: not the best no but above 2-2.5k should pull good and stonge all the way to red line

Depends on what you have been driving before. I felt it was too soft and so polybushed and uprated suspension. The gearchange is long and so I fitted shorter throws (with lots of help from Paul) and they aren't quick as standard but should still pull strong and smooth with the dual runner noticeable...

i must have a ride in yours to see how hard them coilovers are bungy as the ones on that astra were just way to hard for me.

if find the 4mo just right for me ok not hard enough to wanna go and do track days but a nice ride for road use

but then again if i was doing track work i would'nt have brought a heavy old tank like the 4mo lol lol

• 3 months later...

Courtesy Update:

I Did buy one...........

One previous owner, 73k, fsh all with one vw dealer. Silver/Black leather, 3dr, completely standard.

Done 3000 miles in it to date with no problems.

Thanks to all who helped with feedback.

Drive Safely.