• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So for those of you who weren't at VW Action, we had another successful weekend.. Well not successfull by means of good 1/4 times but we had a result in as much as we have identified the next weak spot in the transmisson.

Now the gear linkages are perfect, the engine is running at 650 brake with 2 bar of boost but the power would not stick..

Thankfully Andy, John and Alex where out or the weekend playing with the Storm Quartet!

Also a big Thanks to parky for chopping and fitting the passenger seat as a 2nd pair of eyes and ears is very useful!

Will get pics up soon!

Thanks Russ,

Thats 650 at the wheel (estimated)

The car hasnt set foot on the rollers as yet but it is running the same map and hardware setup as lizard racing's s3.

With regards to braking things that's this years plan..

Brake it and make it stronger lol!

And if it dont brake on 1st attempt then try a little harder!!

By that way of thinking we hope to have a mechanically sound set up or next year!

Haha you really hate the mk2 don't you. I also have one. Good fun. Much better than the mk3

Nice one dude! I couldnt agree more, so much so i even have a 1.6tdi mk2 van that i love to bits!

Ignore that finniky old fart, he's a propper cabbage cruncher and prefers to spend most of his time wearing a baseball cap sideways and masturbating over flip paint coloured hatchbacks in macdonalds car parks..

(ive seen evidence of it on cruise britain..)