Gave my VR a bit of a detail

Few weeks ago decided to fully rotary polish my VR. Pretty chuffed how it came out.

Fired it up on Ultimate Finishes competition this month if any of you feel like firing in a vote,few more pictures up on their site aswell :

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Competition/Entry.aspx?EntryId=422

Heres some pics from what i did though anyways. Also changed back to my standard grill on the front, lowered the back a little more and dewipered the tailgate. Here goes :

27082009312.jpg

27082009318.jpg

27082009319.jpg

27082009313.jpg

28082009322a.jpg

DSC_1895.jpg

Hope you like :)

Yeah iv done a bit of write up on what i did on the link on the first page...here it is again though http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/Competition/Entry.aspx?EntryId=422

However saying that i havent gone into it in that much detail about the sort of deswirling etc. When iv got a bit of time ill do a bit more in deep write up for on here (h)

Changed the lights on the front of it now...the indicators/fogs. Have gone for some smoked ones. O yeah and have the bra on lol

01102009353-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

where's NAT? She has some serious competition...

Ohhh dear.. i best get my machine polisher out!!! :-p

Looks real good mate, ive got various compounds ready to try out on my machine polisher, just need the time and the weather!! How long did your machine polishing take start to finish??

original paint ?

Well feck me if it is that is like a mirror finish!

Yeh defo is original paint on pretty much 90% of the car. Iv only had the bonnet and under rub strips on drivers side done due to some surface rust. Next would be to do the otherside under rub strips just due to stone chips.

where's NAT? She has some serious competition...

Ohhh dear.. i best get my machine polisher out!!! :-p

Looks real good mate' date=' ive got various compounds ready to try out on my machine polisher, just need the time and the weather!! How long did your machine polishing take start to finish??

[/quote']

I used meguiars cleaner/polish for most of the rotary work. Started spreading it at setting 1 on my polisher then working upto around 2000rpm and back down again to finish off. After that i had speed glaze to try but never used it. Used chemical guys extreme top coat sealnt and then r222 concours wax to finish it off.

Took me about 2-3 days to do it fully but that was working outside under a gazeebo due to crappy weather and that included taking off front and rear bumpers,door handles and then masking up.

Got some photos during it ull post up.

Poor cars hardly being kept that clean the now due to the weather and im back living in my flat where i have no hose or off street parking :-(

Wicked cheers, im moving to a new flat at the end of december and i have my own car port there, and my flat is ground floor, with the window about 6 meters away so i can do my machine polishing under there.... mine needs a bloody good clean... he does come up real well but i just cant get the swirls out for love nor money so im gonna try the machine polisher soon... i use rubbush boys juiced edition caranuba wax on mine and chemical guys black hole... have been meaning to try that extreme top coat.... is it good??