GTi Spring Festival Sun 11th April 2010

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says 8am - 8pm.

I Don't think there should be a problem with your bro turning up at 5pm matey.

When I get there, I'll be chatting to the event owner briefly to make sure all is fine and dandy. Last year, they were letting people in at 10pm n shtuff.

Who on here is going to be there tomorrow to camp?

Well,

Met with Dave at 2:30 on saturday and had to do a quick fix it on my O/S window. That was sorted. Drove to the POD, stripped the car down and dave did too.

Signed on and prepared to lose my strip Virginity. First time, lined up under the control tower, did a rather pleasing burnout for a few seconds and went to the line. Being unsure about the grip, I put half throttle and went, grip fantastic but I still didn't realise I needed to put my foot down till the S/C mk 2 next to me buggered off and then I floored it. First time of 16.2 seconds.

The day progressed and me n dave made more runs until his clutch decided to get too hot.

I got beat by everything I raced against (Mainly V8 hemi Muscle cars that still only beat me by a few car lengths). Then a Mini Cooper Sport lined up with me and I destroyed him....yay lol.

I had the honor of shaking the hand of the bloke with the fastest MK1 in the country (the white one)....I also had the honor of being destroyed twice by him.

15.13 seconds was the best I managed.

I meanwhile kept going round and round and round with hardly any other cars stripping....I have found my calling.

Eventually, Daves brother arrived and that was it. Used the passenger car seats which were very comfy for sitting down and had a good chatty night.

This morning Jake, Tony, Bungy Craggs and Roger arrived.

Tony destroyed his driveshaft and did the sensible thing that NO ONE ELSE was doing, which was immediatly pulling over. He got a good old mention on the tannoy system lol.

After losing sight of Dave, I followed tony being towed by jake to the tescos where I bought some Neurofen that was needed urgently. Craggsy turned up and while waiting for recovery, went for a drink.

The End. lol.

Hopefully some more info shall arise later from other members about how the day progressed.

Jake did a 13.1 . Tony broke a driveshaft. times where not so good as a rule. (no grip again) but the white mk 1 ak bodycraft 1.8t ran a 9.9 , a mk2 id not seen before was just a half second behind. saw the fastest piece of furniture do the 1/4 mile (i will upload pics and all will be clear) it was very cold and i was dissapointed to find only 1 car on the vr6oc club stand and he only joined a few days ago til sparks brought 4 cars and made it look slightly better !

just as i was driving sorry being towed out lol .... i saw pat, kev and jess sorry i couldnt stop for long lol grip wasnt to bad i thought then someone dropped coolant got cleaned up then someone dropped oil and that was pretty much it for the day ....

Looks like it was sensible for us to get there early, manage 5 runs and foxtrot oscar before it got busy! Good day, shame tony broke it lol and shame we didnt catch any of the other reprobates till on our way out ;)

as monk said, 13.017 best run of the day by betty, not bad all in all!

Jim, marks got individual coil packs and his as exploded on his 6 pot, he now has a couple of spares thanks to crappy larrys donation! Fingers crissex he can vag com it back to life!