reasons to keep vr6

Interesting read as i have almost been swayed to the dark side numerous times.

Nearly swapped my VR for a tuned RX7, a tuned R33 GTR and was a day away from PXing it for a modded R34 GTT.

The main reason being i am sick of spending money on the same motor for 3yrs and not getting silly power out of it!

As has been said, its easier and cheaper to get crazy power from a jap motor - but then i will lose that German build quality, that relative exclusiveness and most of all that surprise factor when just a Golf ROARRRRRS past :)

Would be interesting to find out more about Vince's kit - would be very tempted!

or sell both and become grown up and buy a merc!!

Lol yep, another car i very nearly bought!! Got told off and shown the error of my ways by Nat tho haha.

Another option i have been recently thinking about is breaking the car to the bare minimum to pass an MOT etc (even to the point of selling most of the interior and putting in a cheapo drivers seat), selling off all the parts then doing the scrappage scheme with Audi for a new A4 2.7 (or 3.0 depending on how tempted i get lol) Tdi S-Line.

there are many reasons to keep the vr.....

Good build quality

Realiable stong engines

When you do need a part its easy to get hold of

Subtleness of such power in such a small and inconspicuous car

Scope to be a 400bhp beast at small cost

Being part of the VW scene and getting to go to shows with cool ppl

Being part of the VR6OC with some of the nicest and most helpful ppl

I could go on....

but the main thing is that if you like it and want to spend the time and money on it. Everyone has there own opinion and if you would prefer to spank your hard earned cash on some jap thing then you have to do it, but if you have the love for the vr that most of us have then stick with it and stop being gay. lmao. :) :) :)

I like jap cars dont get me wrong' date=' but once you start adding power things get crazy in the money department, and reliability goes out the window.

Do a search on youtube for "blown up supra" and the likes and there is tonnes of them.

Not so many vag cars blowing up though ;)

[/quote']

i agree you will hear a lot of horror stories about jap cars going bang, but thats because they are usualy pushed to over 400hp, and even vag cars will not take that kind of power without care being taken.

ill probaly get linched for saying this lol but my impreza type r is tuned to 400hp, and its still reliable (much more than the vr6 is tbh),

i got the corrado vr because it is retro cool, and rare, but in all honesty jap realy is better for power.

dont do it adam. keep the vr, chrge it and love it. i dont care what anyone say's, there is not a single car on the market id rather have to listen to when im driving than a vr6. the sound of the induction, the sound of the exhaust, the power delivery, the relentless surge that effortlessly goes all the way to the red line, do i need to continue?

vr6 all the way baby, even if this one has to go i couldnt live without that engine in my life lol. my next project car is going to be a vr6 powered mpv, be it an alhambra a sharan or even the v6 powered galaxy, and as day camper thats capable of chasing jag's merc's or even a poxy type r. and my next daily will either be a mk3 vr or a passat vr.

needless to say im addicted :)

yea im jst wating and saving maybe turbo then. Ive allways liked jap cars and will one day buy 1 or 2 mainly skyling gtr and the rx7 looked into these 2 cars throughly and when i can afford tunning and insurance i will have to own an 600bhp jap monster but for the next year or 2 it looks like the vr6. Have just brought red silicone hoses, chrome engne cover and clear foglights.

You could get an s4 2.7 bi turbo for £5000-£7000. 260 horses through all the wheels stock i think,and a hell of a lot more if you put some money towards it. Thats around the same price as a civic but yet you can still be part of the vag scene.

In my opinion civics seem a bit boring and there are heaps of them, people from chavs to granmas have them. Theres nothing like a V6, especially if it's a VR6

Alot of the people I have met who own jap cars are very stuck up and seem to think that because they have a skyline, that they are the fastest thing on the road. Wipe the smile off of their faces and get your VR turbo/super charged :)

Im being biased here anyway because I dont really like anything that isnt german (Apart from a ford mustang maybe!). German cars go on forever, how many beetles do you see from the 60's still chugging along? :-P

You may get more power from a Jap car but how would you feel having spent thousands tuning it up, and then the engine goes pop! Id very much doubt you'd get a Civic Type R with 140k+ on the clock still pulling like a train.

No one is every gonna deny that the Jap cars can and do get big power, but could you live with it everyday. I know I couldnt.

As others have said the subtlety of the VR makes it blend in with other cars where as Jap cars are always "in your face" styling wise

I have both...

Got a 190 brake celica

and a vr cabriolet...

when i want a nice comfortable no frills get you to the door ride..i take the celica

when i want to get to the door but be smiling like a 5 year old after chrismas morning..i take the vr6

very true craggys if i see a jap car i always think that will be quick but when you see other vr6s you dont no what they got under the hood. bit like jim potters vr turbo you would never expect it to be a 400bhp beast with 182,000 miles lol

People please give me some reasons to keep my vr6 and turbo it. I cant decide what to do i keeo changing my mind lol. I either keep my vr6 and turbo it aim for around a reliable 350bhp or do be a tratior and buy a civic type r and rotrex it as everyone raves about the reliability of honda engines. please give me reasons to keep the golf.

haha! My very first post on here and I say Blasphemy!!!

Happiness only comes in 6 cylinders....not in the time you have to wait between pressing down the pedal and waiting for Vtech to kick in.

What was it i saw somewhere: Vtec, all that lag and no turbo is like waiting for bad sex.

I want a twin turbo rex7, to get into drifting really, my mate keeps trying to pull me to the jap side but even if i got one i would never be without a vr, the same mate bought an r33 GTST and has blown it numerous times without making 1000 miles in near 12 months he had an old mk2 8v gti which he kept on just to use while the skyline was in the garage.

And his old fella just bought a 20 year old 911 turbo making 430bhp and it wipes the floor with his stupid tuned jap mobile :-d