my 4mo r32 hybrid SNOW VIDS ARE UP P 17 :)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

grinning like a mong lol

its holding back atm till about 5600 ish then it just goes ballistic we think/hope its due to the water injection not being setup yet il get some rolling vids done when i can. i get the impression theres very very little on the road thatl get away from it

beast! sounds amazing! whens the water injection getting sorted?

asap :) got a bloody dicky lambda sensor too its throwing engine light at me and buggerin about with the map. annoying thing is its a post cat sensor (r32 has pre and post cat lambdas and 2 cats so 4 sensors total!) theyv been written out of the map to allow for decats so all they need to do is let the ecu know that theyr plugged in lol

depends what you call thrashing it fella lol its pulling alot of timing atm because of the water injection not being setup and when it does kick its got an annoying habit of popping a certain boost pipe off grrrr.

with a car like this you really cant nail it much youd be hitting things left right and centre and even if its clear your doing big numbers VERY quickly (feels alot faster than the vr did) so its just not sensible

gave it a wash today im going round the car as and when i can polishing it. iv done the bonnet a while ago today i went at the boot and the nearside rear 1/4

after washing

qs9khy.jpg

before boot pics

fxflmq.jpg

biuy4k.jpg

29pdkhx.jpg

after

xfbx8x.jpg

1zcfm80.jpg

as you can see theres still some scratches there but iv not got a paint depth gauge and i think id have to take alot off to get rid of them and imho its not worth it

heres a few of the rear 1/4 no before pics cba lol the whole car was/is packed full of swirl marks

2efu9hx.jpg

n41t3.jpg

10mobhh.jpg

Jealous!! Your motor is awesome and i want mine to make flames too;( top job yessir...

See a motor like that would urinate in a very german manner all over my mates RB26 powered skyline GTST and i want that very much:)

PS did you need forged internals for the boost your on, and where did you get your kit???

iv got the meguirs g220 orbital polisher with polishing and finishing pads (cutting pad disintegrated) with megs number 80 and 83 polishes 1 is medium cut the others a fine cut used with the finishing pad .

when ive polished out the swirlmarks i use chemical guys glaze then fk1000 sealent (sealent = artificial wax)

i use dodo juice red mist detailer spray to help remove the wax/polish etc it also makes the car bead really well

Jealous!! Your motor is awesome and i want mine to make flames too;( top job yessir...

See a motor like that would urinate in a very german manner all over my mates RB26 powered skyline GTST and i want that very much:)

PS did you need forged internals for the boost your on' date=' and where did you get your kit???

[/quote']

the pistons are the only non standard parts in the engine the kit is a rotrex intercooled kit with a 1 bar pulley intercooler and water injection

ps skylines are my fave jap motors :)

Wont get me near a skyline now, as there is no head room and this one of my mates was so much bother he got the RB26 in the vain hope he may do more than 50, no joke, miles before it blows!! id have a supra or Rx7 tho...

Im torn between f/i or R36 motor now... or maybe a blown r36???(6)

You still living in / around nantwich? if so id love to pop in a see her when im over for college some time:)

right did a 350 mile round trip to storm today 12 hour day but made good progress sorting the issues out

found a small oil and coolant leak

got the water injection setup

got 50 litres of neat methanol

sorted the rear lambdas out by getting them plumbed into the exhaust lol

discovered the pipe to attach the evap cannister to the manifold is snapped off the mani!!! gotta get it fixed somehow

failed to convince andy to put the smaller pulley on it to save me another 350 mile round trip :laugh:

found out the maf is fooked :(

also found out a 135 bm (undertaking prat) is no match even with a fooked maf ;)