my 4mo r32 hybrid SNOW VIDS ARE UP P 17 :)

its about time i did a blog of mine so here goes lol

the car started life as a 2.8l vr6 4motion with every option apart from sat nav. at some point somebody hit a rock and smashed the sump off the motor it got written off as cat d.

the previous owner to me bought it and a scrap r32 golf then proceeded to swap everything mechanical apart from the brakes

ie engine wishbones steering rack suspension arbs etc i bought it from him like that about 12 months ago

iv got some updates iv ordered a set of ecs stage 5 brakes these have 355mm 2 piece disks and porsche cayene 6 pot callipers and are feckin huge!

2qscdvc.jpg

heres what theyl look like under 18" wheels

DSC06189.jpg

DSC06200.jpg

iv also got my rotrex kit itl run 15 psi and make 475 hp and 400 lb ft :twisted: il get some pics up later of that

ka2yd2.jpg

very stealthy and itl go like fook

mods so far are

kw v3 suspension

nuespeed front and rear arbs

3 strut braces

poly bushes thoughout

75% reduced throw gearshift

race haldex controller (far more aggressive than stock and goes full 50/50 torque split also works off throttle position not just wheelspin)

boost gauge oil temp and oil pressure gauge

dubpower prototype big bore and port matched 6 branch exhaust manifold

full custom 3" exhaust system with big bore custom decat pipe

carbinio induction kit (makes it sound a little like the 12v vr6 which is a very good thing)

18" oz superleggeras with 245 40 18 potenza s02 (225/35/18s in the pic)

bits to do

get the brakes fitted

get the intercooled rotrex kit fitted with wossner low comp pistons

get the water injection fitted

run it in

go for 12s at santa pod :lol:

got the wheels refurbed and painted now theyr back on the car the problem with a good camera is it shows EVERYTHING lol

9j1xxd.jpg

2cmokug.jpg

281t0cx.jpg

i got my megs g220 out on the bonnet today iv done 1/3rd of the bonnet and it looks 50 million times better it looked like this this mornin

1z1y3o0.jpg

it now looks like this

2e533ok.jpg

289czde.jpg

25a543k.jpg

iv done the rest of the bonnet heres a better before and after shot of the bonnet this is the same part with the camera focused on the paint not the reflection

24et5rd.jpg

ixdx8o.jpg

2w74px0.jpg

cars gone in to get the brakes and the rotrex fitted iv found a cpl of vids of the test mule r32 its almost the same as my kit but mine will have 475 hp this has 450

been down to have a look at it today its in a million pieces. the heads off its been examined for wear (mainly chains/tensioners etc) and its mint

these pics are a good view of the vr6 lump 6 pistons in a v on a single head the 2.8l 12v has exactly the same layout

id7p5d.jpg

21ai7bs.jpg

k9tnnk.jpg

2gxhawo.jpg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bravo...

I must admit I read the start wrong and was expecting the V6 lump not the R32 lump.... Very nice indeed.

Unfortunately your links dont work so may be worth looking at them again.

Keep it coming you will be the envy of all before you know it... Any pics of the inside to complete???

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

small update the brakes are on and looking VERY nice BUT the template that comes with the kit is a load of bollox because my wheels dont bloody fit :bad-words: :bad-words: iv just had them refurbed because the template showed that theyd fit arrrgh.

so iv got to sell them if anybody wants em or knows anybody who might giz a pm plz theyr 18" superleggara 5x100 pcd et 35 i think theyl fit a mk3 and mk4 golf tt a3 etc

i also need a set of genuine r32 alloys so if anybody knows of any could you let me know please. im not a happy bunny

5b2xys.jpg

mvkpwg.jpg

ff8t44.jpg

2q2o7sj.jpg

96yd80.jpg

2lth7p5.jpg

2hyxt0h.jpg

2cnjtzb.jpg

qyzcd2.jpg

iv discovered a bit of a problem with the brakes

1 my superleggeras WONT FIT!!!! i manedged to find a set of refurbed r32 alloys on ebay and convince the seller to end the auction early yesterday and i fetched em 1st thing this mornin lol THEY FIT!

2 the disks themselves are identical but they need to be opposite due to the internal vanes and the grooves! gotta wait at least 2 weeks to get a new 1 in then gotta go and swap it grrr

im putting 2 coats of fk 1000 sealent on the new wheels now il get pics of them tomorrow

this car is fighting everything i do grrr