Nurburgring Easter 2010 chat thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean Adenauer Forst, which is where most of the crashes happen. I remember getting a photo of Pete bumping his sump and splitter on the kerb there a few days before he planted it in the barrier. You are guaranteed to see a spin and someone go off onto the grass. Looking at the overhead photo, you can see why - it bends left, then bends left again, which is when newbies are already on the throttle to exit the corner. When they lift off, all the weigh goes over the front and they spin. Alternatively, they don't lift and go grass-tracking!

Anyway, this shows why it's so hard work walking up there. It's a 1.2km walk where you gain 130 metres in height.

Other options:

Breidscheid & Weirscheifen

Bergwerk

Brunnchen, Wipperman, Hohe Acht, Steilstreke and the Karussell

Kleine Karussell

Hatzenbach to T13

You mean Adenauer Forst' date=' which is where most of the crashes happen. I remember getting a photo of Pete bumping his sump and splitter on the kerb there a few days before he planted it in the barrier. You are guaranteed to see a spin and someone go off onto the grass. Looking at the overhead photo, you can see why - it bends left, then bends left again, which is when newbies are already on the throttle to exit the corner. When they lift off, all the weigh goes over the front and they spin. Alternatively, they don't lift and go grass-tracking!

Anyway, this shows why it's so hard work walking up there. It's a 1.2km walk where you gain 130 metres in height.

Other options:

Breidscheid & Weirscheifen

Bergwerk

Brunnchen, Wipperman, Hohe Acht, Steilstreke and the Karussell

Kleine Karussell

Hatzenbach to T13

well I am up for as many as we can do in an afternoon with an hour or so at each maybe ?? or I guess we walk to Adenau Forst and spend the whole time there due to time it takes to get there :)

blimey, you lot had a good rant last night!!

Up for a walk if anyone else fancies it, seeing as the weather is going to be gorgeous!! (positive thinking)

Badoir are you still coming to mine? If not I will head on to London (top of M25 and stay with me passenger until stupid o clock when its time to leave. Let me know?

Ben, can you PM me the meets etc? Thanks in advance!

This time next week we are all going to be trying to have a little snooze and failing big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right, off to Norfolk

Catch up soon, lets get to 200 pages soon!!

Cheers

well I am up for as many as we can do in an afternoon with an hour or so at each maybe ?? or I guess we walk to Adenau Forst and spend the whole time there due to time it takes to get there :)

Brunnchen' date=' Wipperman, Hohe Acht, Steilstreke and the Karussell[/url']

is the answer as they are all on the same walk route and you never leave track side. And there is ice cream when you get back to the car park.

Brunnchen' date=' Wipperman, Hohe Acht, Steilstreke and the Karussell[/url']

is the answer as they are all on the same walk route and you never leave track side. And there is ice cream when you get back to the car park.

that sounds like a plan to me then :) :)

Gav you have to go mate......you'll only regret it

Are for a moment Craig I thought you were being all nice........ then I thought you just wanted to laugh if my raddo breaks down;)

Gav im being serious, not in the mood for joking at at he moment. Some of the guys will know why