The CC splitter got, er, split about 8 months ago, I stoved the splitter into a tree curb thing at B&Q which ripped one corner off so had to get a newie. I'm trying to get back to non cc to break the colour up a bit, sill strips to go on next.

I sold the lights as they weren't lega and got bored off them, after a set of mk4 style ones in black. I've lined a set of chrome ones up which I'll probably split and paint myself so they look lie these:

VEN00057.jpg

Bad pic but they'll look sweet.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww man, I had 16s before and they drive mega. 17s look great as they fill the arch BUT I found I needed to have the coilies rock hard to stop bashing my arches, which the missus hated. Now back on 16s I'm loving it. Softened all the coilies for a nicer ride daily which is super nice. The S2s are et17, and I thought they'd drive bad but I love em, the steering feels a little heavier so I can feel the road better.

Don't do it man!! Raised up on bigger, heavier wheels, you'll feel like a bus driver ;-D

• 1 month later...

Well, decided to clean her at the weekend, but it rained and some truck carrying shite sprayed it all over the place so she aint really that clean now, plus my wing mirror casing has been smashed off and now my water pump has gone again.

But my rims came up good, considering they were battered from the winter weather and pretty much abused and neglected by me. A few pics of nicess, and badness and what can be done with a few polishing products and a shite load of elbow grease.

Before:

s2_1.jpg

Bit of this:

grease.jpg

After:

s2_2.jpg

side.jpg

long.jpg

quarter.jpg

As of this sunday morning:

sick.jpg

Still at the garage waiting for an oil cooler piipe to turn up. I miss her.

Cheers boyos.

I'll whack an arse pick up later. The rims are only 16x7s (sadly) so the et17 makes em look spot on. Plenty room in the backs to stick some spacers on I think. The fronts are absolutely perfect in my opinion and she drives reeeeeal nice. Gonna drop the back a few mil to slip the tops of the rubber in there. I still want to keep the rake but not as much. And the bay is getting some matt black loving soon.

Oh, I've had the rears rolled but no flaring or owt.

• 7 months later...

Right, been a while but kinda have some updates on the anaconda.

First up, the monzas are getting a winter revamp for a touch of badass. Currently stripped and sanded ready to be painted. Here's a quick photoshop of how they'll look, I might murder her out and go tints all round, not sure though.

murder.jpg

In the meantime, just saving up for some tyres so I can roll these bad boys for a while. 15x8 revo rfxs. Nothing new but I lie em, plus, with the right rubber they'll look pretty cool. The Toyo R88s are 215/50s which are wider than regular tyres so look huuuuuge. 205/50s or 45s due to go on.

rimz_02.jpg

rimz_03.jpg

rimz_04.jpg

rimz_01.jpg

S2s will be off for a de-kerbing and proper polishing over winter. Probably keep them for the nice weather but who knows. Better pics when I've sorted it out.

Ingham, where the f'k do you find the et on these rims? Can't find it anywhere.

Update!! Sold the tyres tonight so next stop some new rubber. I didn't think they'd fit BUT I've had a look at the track tyres (215s) against a norma 215 and they are waaaaay wider, about 10-15mm on each side, so, I'm thinking a 205 should fit under the arches.

Question, my 15s with 45 pro tyres, will they sit at a similar height to my 16s on 40 pro tyres? My calculations say pretty much the same.