project terminated by mondeo driver who couldnt!

just thought i'd put a few pics up of what happened to me tuesday after a great weekend at inters, hospitalised for 3 days and still in no state to be doing much, damn lucky i guess after hitting an oncoming mondeo in the middle of the road on a stretch with double white lines coming round a semi unsighted corner to find cars parked on either side of the road 300 yards from the apex and the mondeo coming thru the middle!

before the crash

sonydigicampiccys2177.jpg

sonydigicampiccys2178.jpg

and after the accident

sonydigicampiccys2273.jpg

sonydigicampiccys2275.jpg

sonydigicampiccys2282.jpg

sonydigicampiccys2288.jpg

sonydigicampiccys2287.jpg

dont try fighting with an airbag! saved my life tho

sonydigicampiccys2291.jpg

[edit resize pics]

Moderator edit by: cadguy

Matt - just be glad you were in a golf and not some tin box piece of rubbish. Hope the driver of the Mondeo gets kicked by the law as he duly deserves.

Get well soon. You could do worse while you are laid up than to plan your next project, as it looks like the Mk4 was coming along quite nicely.

cheers guys and girls, will be back for sure with something else, not feeling up to much tbh with terrible back and neck pain still and a fractured collar bone to. female driver of the mondeo was also alone in the car and was discharged the same day, i spent 3 days in the hospital, most of the day it hapopened on a spinal board! hope the usual prejudice of male modified car owner verses female mondeo driver doesnt occur tho was last to be seen to despite fighting for breath and bleeding heavily from the arm and face after being first to reach the woman to find out if she was okay! onwards and upwards they say, we'll see!

ooooooooh thats a nasty one matt, glad your still in one piece though dude, were the cars parked both sides of the road or just on her side? if they were she will have a lawfull excuse to cross the solid white line, mind you are supposed to do it with extreme caution!!!! hope your back to normal soon, and with the compo you can get an R32!!!!!

r32 will defo be on the cards for next year, not sure what to do for now as i cant find the car i want in the colour and spec i'd like. same old story i guess, always a compromise with s/h cars. i hate compromise tho and i'm so bloody impatient, lol. yeah cars on both side of the road, but no skid marks at all from her car to indicate she even attempted to stop! will have to see how prejudiced the police and law is still i guess! as i never crossed the line at all till locked up, something clearly shown in all the pics i have of the scene and roads at that point! will keep you updated peeps! thanks for all the well wishes to date. still feel proper rough!