DIY turbo VR6 Corrado,updated.

Hello all,just decided to do a members page as i havent done one yet.

This i my Corrado VR6 bought a coulpe of years back nearly stock with 73k on the clock

Since then its had quite a few changes and gone through a few set of wheels,supercharged and now turbo'd

Still plenty to do,not quite finished yet(will it ever be ^o) )

c2.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/Slapsider/almostfinishedinstall-1.jpg

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCN0500.jpg

DSCN0506.jpg

DSCN0353.jpg

DSCN0476.jpg

Thanks for the replys ;) Its not finished yet as im trying to save for a house so the Raddo is on hold :-(

It is a GT35/40 R and i got the exhaust manifold off Tom off here :)

Hoping to push out some big numbers once a few more things are done,got spare 2.8 block waiting to be bored out to a 3 litre and a spare box to be rebuilt with LSD of some sort.

Loads more pics here

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/Slapsider/GT35%2040R/

DSCN0444.jpg

DSCN0446.jpg

DSCN0441.jpg

DSCN0411.jpg

Drain into the block for the turbo.

DSCN0425.jpg

Well I removed the old FPR and fitted on the new Begi RRFPR and it rises properly not like the old one !

It also had no pressure gauge so I took it off the old FPR and drilled and taped the Rail and fitted the gauge,looks and works well.

Went for a drive,blew the fuel hose off on the side of the road as I used the stock VW spring clips were the rubber attaches to the plastic hose from the tank! Not good news when there is fuel everywhere and a hot turbo ! But I had a fire extinguisher ready at hand,sorted that problem and then set the boost to 11psi with this cheap manual boost controller that I found.

At first I hit 15 psi and it went mental,set it to 11psi and started to enjoy the drive,the torque is savage compared to the charger :shock: ,I can see why they strip 3rd gear! Personally I cant see me running any more power until I 4wd this as it lights up the wheels so easy ! :twisted:

So its using your right foot in moderation! I am in love! 8)

DSCN0524.jpg

DSCN0523.jpg

DSCN0522.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah ha! A friend of mine bought this car...

I drove it back home for him, he had a broken ankle and collarbone from an accident in his previous vr6 so couldn't drive it himself! It really is quick, he has embarrassed many expensive cars with it...... He ran a 13.231 1/4 mile with a 0-60 of 4.90 at GTi international. hopeful to knock that down a bit with some bigger wheels back on the front, he ran with 15inch wheels so traction was a slight issue.... I believe both times were runner-up in the coupe class for the weekend at GTi international