The VR6 OWNERS CLUB MEET - BILLING 4th & 5th August 2007- ONLY DAYS TO GO!!!!

I am deffo going to make this leaving Dublin on friday with a mate and will be having a few beers in whatever hotel we choose all invited LOLZ

Anyone know whats the closest hotel to stay in on the friday night ?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats going down at this meet? i never been to a meet and only ad me vr for like 2-3 months.. what can i expect to see go down??!!

Lots of drinking and chatting, including advice for new owners and almost definalty a VAG-COM or two.

It's our first do so will be much more of a meet than a show, although we will have a few trophies to hand out. The main principle, for this first one at least, is to put faces to names and to make the club feel more phyisical rather than being a virtual internet thingy.

We are hoping to lay on some form of entertainment . MkIVsUK are also there that weekend and I think have a band booked, but we are a) not that flushed with cash and B) not that organized.

We will have BBQs for everyones use, bring your own food (there will and a fridge & coolboxes to keep it fresh). There are also several take aways on site and a pub! But brining your own alcohol of choice is also allowed, or recommended even ;-)

Hope to see you there.

TG

whats going down at this meet? i never been to a meet and only ad me vr for like 2-3 months.. what can i expect to see go down??!!

Lots of drinking and chatting' date=' including advice for new owners and almost definalty a VAG-COM or two.

It's our first do so will be much more of a meet than a show, although we will have a few trophies to hand out. The main principle, for this first one at least, is to put faces to names and to make the club feel more phyisical rather than being a virtual internet thingy.

We are hoping to lay on some form of entertainment . MkIVsUK are also there that weekend and I think have a band booked, but we are a) not that flushed with cash and B) not that organized.

We will have BBQs for everyones use, bring your own food (there will and a fridge & coolboxes to keep it fresh). There are also several take aways on site and a pub! But brining your own alcohol of choice is also allowed, or recommended even ;-)

Hope to see you there.

TG

[/quote']

Well said Goth :)

This is going to be my first VW meet as well James and as TheGoth says it will be a good opportunity to have a few beers and a chat with the people on here, got to be worth it in my book ;)

Lots of drinking and chatting' date=' including advice for new owners and almost definalty a VAG-COM or two.

Hope to see you there.

TG

[/quote']

Well said Goth :)

This is going to be my first VW meet as well James and as TheGoth says it will be a good opportunity to have a few beers and a chat with the people on here, got to be worth it in my book ;)

you forgot to mention bright lights at night and falling over Nige

you forgot to mention bright lights at night and falling over Nige

Ssshh, I'm trying to live that down. So there'll be no falling over this time, well whilst in a sleeping bag at least.

As for bright lights, I was thinking more of some quaint xmas lanterns this time.

Oh yes, wouldnt miss this one, its got the making of a legend, should be brill especially if a lot of us turn up. couldnt wish to meet better people, all with one common goal, to keep VRs in the way they should be....not just a passion more of a religeon..but i know im preaching to the converted ,.. so come on peeps lets make this meet one that goes down for time imemorial(ithink i spelt that wrong) anyway onwards and upwards

Excellent - going to be good to put some names to screen names :-p

Am organising with goonersteve a bit of a convoy from the east across so if you know of anyone from that side of the country who is coming or thinking about coming let them know we are planning it - the thread is in South Events

See you then

Ben

:-d

I kept dry..........ha ha ha ha

Not on the log flume ya didn't!!

I did....i was behind Pete' date=' Paul and Nige......quite funny watching your log get wet

[/quote']

Ah sh*t, yeah i'm getting you mixed up with Mark!

Now I don't know whether to thank you for the compliment or not :-p

I might have to fly over the car has an intermittent problem at the moment and i cant find WTF it is sometimes it will start other times it wont sometimes it will cut out when driving all fault codes are clear the occasional time i will get the "engine start blocked by immoboliser" and other times i get "no codes present". Ocassionaly when i swap ecus it will start but 95% of the time it just does what it wants :*(