today left for work as usual and the car was running great

somehow the uprated oil cooler fell off the underneath of the car and was left in the road bleeding oil

i later found out the welds had fractured on the bracketsthe nuts i put in to hold the cooler up are still attached to the car

i heard a noise and thought it was a plastic bottle that i had just run over

moments later the oil light came on so i dropped out of gear and coasted in to a lay by

turned the ignition off and got under to have a look

oil every where

aa was called out and towed me back home

i have just ordered anew oil cooler kit so i though my problems were over

on engaging gear and rocking the car forward to make sure the engine is still fine it is stuck solid

the engine is seized :@

i am glad now no one wanted to buy my spare and if all goes well i can get it fitted this weekend

still gutted though

£2500 of eip short block gone |-)

with no chance of a rebore as its 3.0ltr

i may do a

today left for work as usual and the car was running great

somehow the uprated oil cooler fell off the underneath of the car and was left in the road bleeding oil

i later found out the welds had fractured on the bracketsthe nuts i put in to hold the cooler up are still attached to the car

i heard a noise and thought it was a plastic bottle that i had just run over

moments later the oil light came on so i dropped out of gear and coasted in to a lay by

turned the ignition off and got under to have a look

oil every where

aa was called out and towed me back home

i have just ordered anew oil cooler kit so i though my problems were over

on engaging gear and rocking the car forward to make sure the engine is still fine it is stuck solid

the engine is seized :@

i am glad now no one wanted to buy my spare and if all goes well i can get it fitted this weekend

still gutted though

£2500 of eip short block gone |-)

with no chance of a rebore as its 3.0ltr

i may do a

Pete

Take head off and take a look at the bores ....may well be able to re ring ...so may not be a total loss...

worth a look

Sounds really bad mate... but sounds very rare too. Haven't heard of any seized vr6's ..normally bullet proof reliable lumps. Hope it goes well. Let us know if you find out the cause.

Did you read his first post?????

OIL STARVATION.