BEST EXHAUST FOR THE MK3 VR6?

yeah' date=' everyone bangs on about milltek, but there are quite a few people who are not happy with em aswell.they seem very 'of the moment' and expensive, im giving an 'ernst' system from german & swedish serious consideration based on price especially

[/quote']

Agreed there mate, i have a magnex on mine, and definatley no complaints, the sound is amazing and the quality is great. Easy to fit too.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at getting the Basturk one, but haven't bothered (the original exhaust is still working, only a slight leak)

I don't know if i would get the Basturk one anyway, prices start at £425 so are expensive, i know they are quality but don't know the noise level (they one have one box) and i don't want a noisey system, so I don't want to have to replace it soon, if its too loud.... I may take a trip to Regal autosprt to find out :-)

But it looks likely i will settle for a Magnex one now, as they can be had for under £300!!!

Unother unhappy Miltek customer here. This was on my old car, I ended up having it removed, selling it on and having a custom made exhaust fitted.

If anyone around the Bristol area want's an exhaust, I would recommend Infinity Exhausts in Yate - they only use top grade stainless, and their build quality is superb.

My VR's booked in for one in a couple of weeks time.

I have had a variety of exhausts on a varirty of cars over the years (makes me sound old) and the best exhausts I've had - have been custom made. For example I put a exhaust on My '69 BGT and It is still on and still working and it has Never rusted leaked etc etc (almost 20 years). My Bro had a custom one made for his Golf GTi in a place in Glasgow and it is still working rust fee some 6 years later. They use the right grade stainless like .306 (as a minimum). You will also get a lifetime guarentee with it.

My MG one was cheaper than a quick fit and my bros was the same as a Off the rack performance system.

Once you know who the good company is in your area you should visit them.

The added benifit is when you chat to these guys they ask - so what are you after Noise? performance? Single pipes? etc etc and they still meet the required legal CO2 levels etc, with a quality fit.

The only down side is you have to take your car to them to be fitted and it is not a 5 minute job as they are making it to fit your specific car and needs.

IMO Worth their weight and when I get around to it I will be fitting one to mine - not sure where yet as I have moved to London!

Good Luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at getting the Basturk one' date=' but haven't bothered (the original exhaust is still working, only a slight leak)

I don't know if i would get the Basturk one anyway, prices start at £425 so are expensive, i know they are quality but don't know the noise level (they one have one box) and i don't want a noisey system, so I don't want to have to replace it soon, if its too loud.... I may take a trip to Regal autosprt to find out :-)

But it looks likely i will settle for a Magnex one now, as they can be had for under £300!!!

[/quote']

Didn't realise the Bastuck systems were that loud? Can anyone list the different sytems in order of noise level? I know it will be down to personal opinion and also other mods, but just as a rough guide?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a Miltek cat back system on my car which I picked up for £100 s/hand. I had been looking at a new Jetex system prior to getting the Miltek as I didn't want anything too loud but the Miltek fitted perfectly and sounds lovely. I don't have any pics but there is about a 5mm gap between the tail pies and my lower rear spoiler which is exactly what I wanted. It does knock or catch anywhere so maybe I just got lucky but I'm more than happy with it.

Kevin

Here is mine Jetex twin 80mm 2.5" bore xorst.

Hangs spot on ' date=' nice and quite,it barks when warm put your foot down it RRROOOAAARRR !!!! (6)

[img']http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q8/mannie65/2006_1030filmingtesting0008.jpg

side view......it doesn't stick out.

2006_1030filmingtesting0010.jpg

looks spot on that mate! it a full system or just the back box?

been looking around for cheapest prices, best i can find is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLF-MK3-2-0-GTI-8V-16V-VR6-MAGNEX-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-NEW_W0QQitemZ230048530881QQihZ013QQcategoryZ38786QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

for magnex

or

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/

for jetex, however carefull on that site as they do both jetex with or wthout front silencer, i can only afford one without and need one asap....

also a mongoose system on bay, any 1 tried these?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a scorpion exhaust with a de cat bypass, with piper cams n charger, it gurgels like a american muscle car ;) love it, sweet n smooth as anything and roars/howls when you put your foot down, I don't have a air filter/induction kit on it yet ;)

Had a powerflow exhaust system on my last Vr that sounded awesome, regarding power you don't get much power i think.(maybe a little)