Genuine Highline??

i got a reply too, he has revised his ebay listing and i think we aggrevated him a tad, he is now bragging and got on his high horse! bloody funny though if you look at the questions that we have asked him!

Q: Green ANd a Highline, interesting thought they only came in black and mulberry. Sorry my mistake they DO only come in black or mulberry

10-Apr-06

A: see descrip

Q: they did not make highlines in green

10-Apr-06

A: see revised descrip

Q: Highlines NEVER EVER came in dragon green. false stop. it not a genuine highline at all. I can gurantee that it doesnt say highline in the log book. You have 2 choices, ammend the advertisment or REMOVE it from ebay. Thanks. Pete

10-Apr-06

Q: hi, i am wanting to place a bid but would like to clear something first, as far as i have been aware, after searching for more then 4 months to find the perfect VR6 highline, i have found that they only come in BLACK and PURPLE with body matching leather interior. please can you confirm that this is a GENUINE highline as your advert appears to be misleading if it is not many thanks

10-Apr-06

Q: HOW DOES BOX WORK LOOKS LIKE STILL AUTO.HOW DOES 2K SOUND?ROB

10-Apr-06

A: sounds like im getting ripped off thanks but no thanks ill keep it for all the nasty emails im getting (not yours)

Q: Hi, i'm sorry, but this car is deffo not a Highline. They only came in Pearl Black Magic and Mulberry, with contrasting Black or Mulberry leather, respectively. Car should have a wood rimmed steering wheel and gearstick knob. If my memory also serves me correctly they didn't even make an Automatic Highline! Highlines did not have any black plastic cill trims and came with different badging. If you have been sold the car on the promise it was a Highline i'd go back to the seller as they have sold you a car that is not as described. Sorry but there seems to have been a spate of people selling standard VR6's as Highlines recently.

10-Apr-06

A: it came from a vw dealer amd i have the hpi report for it im sure its a highline it has all the correct spec the black and mulberry cars were the last ones out in 97 from aug 96 silver green and white were available on special order is the information i have

Q: When did the car get painted dragon green? I ask because genuine highlines only come in 2 colours, black and mulberry. Also, the highline badges seem to have been taken off in favour of normal VR6 badges, and the factory spec wheels that come on highlines are 6 spoke BBS Solitudes. I presume that you still have these? Your car seems to be missing the standard Highline spec interior trim also, do you still have this? I'm on the lookout for a good example of a VR6, Highline or not, but want to make sure everything checks out before furthering any interest.

10-Apr-06

A: i think most ebayers will agree that you are mis informed i would suggest you look else where for a car im sure my car will never satisfy you

Q: if this is a manual like u say u have converted it, can u please explain why it has an automatic gear knob in the picture?????? if its an old picture can u please take an up to date photo of the interior and email me it please many thanks

10-Apr-06

A: hi correct the pic was taken just before the car went in (to keep a record incase it got scratched etc as ive had it happen before) im away so i will try and get my misses to take a picture and add it

Q: Does it say Highline on the Log Book?

10-Apr-06

A: im not sure im away now until friday night so cannot check until then. but it most definitly is a genuine highline we spent over 3 months searching and looked at 10 or more cars before buying this one.

his new edit cracks me up:

Ill answer the emails this way.

ive had about 10 people tell me this is not a highline some very sarcastic ones and even unpleasent at that. i bought the car last september from a vw dealer and was assured it was a highline and that in 96 for 97 they came in white silver and green. the history has highline written in more than one invoice the log book does not have highline (ive been asked to check) on it i called the vw dealer today it came from and they inform me it is a highline that was a special order car for aug 97 and the previous local owner has emailed me to say he believed it was a highline.

if it was not then it has climatronic, heated leather, and the correct colour coded bumpers, arches and spoilers abs elc roof 4 ew em etc.. the 2 side skirts front bumper bib and rear lip are black the sat nav was a dealer option and first owner was vw as a demonstrator. (the same supplying dealer has owned it twice)

im not in the position to be bothered to try to rip anyone off as has been suggested and i take offence at that by making out its something its not i am merly advertising it as sold to me ive just inherited enough to pay off my morgage and buy a brand new car along with paying to privatly retrain to use catia at ther main offices in france, check out my feedback to verify this. if the discription is a mistake its not one i made. i have publicised this in an attempt to satisfy the numourous people who are intimating im being dishonest.

i shall see how it does on autotrader

This guy is a very funny man. I wonder if he'll throw in some rocking horse shite, a tin of tartan paint, packet of glass nails, a long wait and a skirting board ladder if I give him what he wants for his Green highline?

He'd have sold it by now if he'd said it was just a hi spec VR !lol

Quote...

Q: Hi, i'm sorry, but this car is deffo not a Highline. They only came in Pearl Black Magic and Mulberry, with contrasting Black or Mulberry leather, respectively. Car should have a wood rimmed steering wheel and gearstick knob. If my memory also serves me correctly they didn't even make an Automatic Highline! Highlines did not have any black plastic cill trims and came with different badging. If you have been sold the car on the promise it was a Highline i'd go back to the seller as they have sold you a car that is not as described. Sorry but there seems to have been a spate of people selling standard VR6's as Highlines recently.

10-Apr-06

A: it came from a vw dealer amd i have the hpi report for it im sure its a highline it has all the correct spec the black and mulberry cars were the last ones out in 97 from aug 96 silver green and white were available on special order is the information i have

They did make automatic Highlines!

Jon 8)

Some more Q and A's on the "highline"

Q: Hi - I have a mate who had exactly the same deal. All paperwork from VW shows special order Highline specification as the description but nothing on the V5. I had a black late highline - exactly the same spec but different badging and higline on the V5. Yor looks like a very nice car and I have no doubt that it is as described - a dealer order highline car. Would have left it auto though - suits the motor (but I am lazy!!). What a bunch of moaning old women highline spods are......

12-Apr-06

A: thanks you some people have lots of time and no money i think

Thats not very nice is it!