Organising Regional / Local Meets

A while ago, we had members who arranged local meets in different areas on a monthly basis and this was great for getting more people getting involved with the club and also attending our bigger meets and events.

As members come and go over the years this has fallen to the way-side and we were thinking that this would be a good thing to get up and running again in 2014.

You don't have to be experienced in any way, regional / local meets are informal, usually organized at pubs and other locations that offer warm shelter, food and beer and is an opportunity to meet and get to know other members near you, where convoys etc.. can be arranged when attending our national events.

We have also done things as tunnel runs and just general driving about to locations of interest outside of the show season / area should you not really be interested in that type of event.

So, over to you, our members to step up and organize mini-meets within your local area, using the forum as a platform to gauge interest and possible locations.

It might be worth members posting up their location and noting if you have attended previous regional meets through the club in the past along with the location it used to be held.

We hope that you will support the club by organizing mini-meets and also to others showing support by attending these monthly meetings, even if its just meeting up in a pub for a couple of pints with like minded people.

Thanks.

Pete

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers mate spot on , should be ok for that supposed to be at scooby clinic day before , but will just give that a miss ,

A while ago, we had members who arranged local meets in different areas on a monthly basis and this was great for getting more people getting involved with the club and also attending our bigger meets

Sorry it's Krispy creme not dunkin doughnuts Doh !! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm from Manchester, think it would be a good idea. There must be some of those lurkers want to meet like minded VR6 or VW enthusiasts. Bring the girlfriend or boyfriend, doesn't have to be car talk, Just to get to know other members/ community like Pete said, nice to put a face to the name, anybody else from Manchester area? If anybody interested, would be better somewhere not too far for people to travel but depends where people live

Pete

Edited by PeteVRT

Sorry Surreyvr6, I can't quote for some reason.. I think its a good idea, no offence to others but I joined the club to meet other club members within our own club, and small local meets are good which tend to build up to bigger meets. If members turn up at other peoples or clubs meets a lot would just walk round, look at cars and drive off, because its not a VR6OC meet? Maybe I'm fussy, but we need our local members to meet up and support the club, hands up for Manchester/ north west!!!

Some of my mates in a localish ford club meet up regularly and do all sorts, random drives out, sometimes a Sunday drive out of a carvery or meal, convoys to ford meets and some big car meets and charity events etc they have quite a good social and would be good to have something similar like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to be a member of the XROC North West, we used to meet up in Knutsford, bit of a raffle and pub quiz, good night. Members turned up and after meeting us decided to show their cars, they don't need to be show standard, I think that's what some think, but its not a case of that, we just go to meet up and get together

Pete

could do with doing a list, i.e. north west, south,  lincs, and people can put their name down. Good to see that guys from US are interested too, meets and pics will be good. I'm willing to travel, the North West is a big area, maybe somewhere around Cheshire ish to meet, Preston and surrounding areas aren't too far