Old games consoles

Not a huge fan of the new consoles. Not the leap forward everyone expected and their Demos they were parading around are nothing like the actual releases.

Take Forza 5 for example. The intital gameplay looked outstanding, but compare it to the actual game and there is an enormous difference. Textures are poor, shadows are jagged, roads have no textures, just plain and flat. Reflections are totally different.

Here are some examples...

Forza 5:  Tech demo version

, Actual gameplay

ibthdqOchL4qtz.png
iJpbRNoDJg3XY.jpg

Having said that I still think Forza will be better than GT6 for the PS4 and when the prices come down I will likely buy the Xbox, but I am not paying out over £500 notes for it right now :-(

Older consoles, my PS3 never get's used, My 360 never get's used and the only other console I have is an N64 :D

PC is the way I play games. Far more power than any console, by a loooong way. Only bad thing is the lack of car games for it, but with Project Cars due next year, that could really turn the tables as it looks simply stunning !

I have got

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128k

NES

Original Gameboy

SNES

PS2

PSP

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

I did have a PS1 and Wii but sold them, I love retro gaming but the old consoles don't work great on new tv's so when it comes out I will be getting one of these

http://www.funstock.co.uk/retron-5

9 in one and you can use original controllers even cross format and map buttons, you can save progress and it's HDMI!

I only have a ps3 slim right now and haven't played in a while. I've only ever had playstations of the next gen consoles right from psx and I've played 100% through every gran turismo. Contrastingly my brother has had every Xbox. I did have an N64 but the only game worth having was goldeneye, but that game was so good it justified buying the console lol. And way back I had a SNES.

I'll start playing the ps3 again after Xmas as I've asked for GTAV and GT6 anniversary.

I don't like the fact that PS4 has changed so you are charged for online, Sony said that playstation would always be free online.

Mark the next gen stuff are still in early days. Programmers still don't know its true potential. Just look at xbox 360 games now compared 7 yrs ago

Yeah this is very true. But the hardware is not difficult tpo get used to these days.

The hardware in thes enew consoles is basically PC compenents from 3-4 years ago. There is nothing odd or quirly about it. You will never see the leap in performance from this hardware as you did with the last generation.

Plus Xbox one is still running most of it's games at 720p or less and at a frame rate in the low 20's.....

Forza 5 is one of the very few exceptions to this.

I did initially think the console I would buy would be the PS4 as it had that car game that looked really good. I forget the name of it, but it turns out to be very arcade like from what I have read so for me I think it will be the Xbox one despite it's shortfalls. Forza 5 will likely be the only game I will play on the machine and it's kinda costly for a single game.

My PS3 was bought for GT5 only and that was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent :-(

I used to be a big gran turismo player but after playing forza 1 I bought an Xbox and never looked back

Last one I played was Forza 3 on my 360 and I found it far better than any GT game. The scope of what you could do with the cars was fantastic. Oh... And they spund like cars and not lawn mowers :D

Last one I played was Forza 3 on my 360 and I found it far better than any GT game. The scope of what you could do with the cars was fantastic. Oh... And they spund like cars and not lawn mowers :D

It's also a lot more fun to play if you have everything turned off assists wise, I find in comparison even when fully modded the cars seem boring and unresponsive to drive on GT.

I was in 2 minds about getting Xbox one or ps4 but forza has blown it for me with its push to get you spend real money on car !

Sony will be taking my money this time !

Club Chairman

Forza has always had download content that you pay for same as most games these days it's your choice if you spend or not I'm level 80 and haven't spent a thing!

That's what puts me off with gaming now pay 400+ for a console 40+ for a game. Then 2 month down the line we have made it better but you will have to pay to play new levels or drive new cars haven't I spent enough already. I got a good deal few months back on a slim ps3 with FIFA 13 but because the game had already been played on I had to pay to play it online. Anyway rant over just think its one big rip off now.