Anyone want to help me fit my Turbo? :)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thats a relief,thought It was just me! Lol! Ya im going to have to do that I think Lukey. Turbo fitted now,just waiting for smalll bits to arrive,almost there! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best way dude, get stuck in, scuff your knuckles, lie to the wife and step back and admire your work. Then get someone to do it properly Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi Chaps, Fetching my Turbo bits tomorrow so im a bit like a exited child on Xmas morning! Is there anyone in the South (South London) that wants to help me fit it? Or actually ill help u as i haven

Posted Images

Is the split in the hose not to allow a t-piece in for the turbo cooliant line? Seem to remember on mine I have to t-into that hose when fitting a water cooled GT35.

It T's off from the the coolant bottle (see pic),the bottom one where the split is should be the same. I just got a double ended hose connector,job done! :)

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha,no probs two bigger ones are for brake servo and isv,,small one is to fuel pressure reg vacume..

Any more pics of what you've done so far ? Have you had to move the brake reservoir for the turbo inlet?

Thanks. Im going to work on her some more tomorrow,will put some more pics on then.

No the brake reservoir is still in place which is good,tight but all fits! :)

Yes that's the intake temp ,take the sensor out of your vr manifold and there is a threaded hole for it under the short runner..

Hope that makes sense?

Ya it does,was just wondering if its needed and if it would make a difference by plugging it in or not?...

Ya it does,was just wondering if its needed and if it would make a difference by plugging it in or not?...

Without it plugged in the ECU defaults to an inlet temperature of 20 degrees I think. Mine had an issue recently and the car would stall on start up when warm. I'm guessing the OP will be using an aftermarket engine management ecu, and this probably takes a reading from this sensor too.

I have read on some forums the sensor is better located near the air box (or air inlet) to get a truer indication of intake temperatures, as the temps in the inlet manifold may suffer from heat soak.

That T piece for the coolant line is a cool touch. Not long now :) what software are you running?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers Daverse,

630cc injectors.

4" maf

Ecu remapped to 300-600bhp depending on what boost I run.

So will have my Final bits tomorrow and Wednesday so fire up day will be Wednesday if all goes well! :)