what kind of car kicks a VR6s' arse?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had fun with a e reg porky 911 turbo last night.

held up behind him till about 80 then he seemed liked he stopped and i flew past, haha.

i know it souldn't have happened but i think he thought i was the police and chickened out.

he came to have a look when i came off the dual carraige way to the round about to go the other way but unfortunatly he didn't have a go.

shame cos i would have like to see how fast he would have gone.

still was fun though.

Last nite some guy in a new cooper s decided he wanted to showoff to his gf when he pulled along side me at the lights. U know the thing, revving the engine, edging forward. Lights went green & i wasted him all the way up to 100mph (40mph road oops! lol) stopped at the next lights & he just pulled in behind me, didn't want another go. Don't think he apreciated being beaten by an old Preg golf!

• 2 weeks later...

I had my standard rs1800 festa up to about 125, had to turn off the A12 tho, but it definately had more in it.

Quickest I've been in the VR so far is about 110, but only had it just over a week plus i've got std suspension so it can get abit scary.

Guest couzens

Had 120mph out of mine chasing a Merc SLK 500 which literally pulled away; still by that point I had made my intentions quite clear towards his arrogant driving! However, I was on standard suspension that I know is knackered and definately wasn't prepared to go any faster!!!!

heh heh, annoyed a 7 series earlier, overtook him coming onto a dual carriageway cos he got stuck behind someone and didn't pull out in time, cruised past through 1st and 2nd not giving it alot but kept my foot down in 3rd from well under its best point, he quickly pulled out behind me but couldn't keep up.

I new he was narked cos I pulled into a large gap and he had to go past me and squeeze into a small gap ahead of the car I pulled in behind. ha ha

was being tailed by a Focus RS on Friday in the fast lane, with a car in front of me and a big gap ahead of him! i just knew what was going to happen as soon as the car in front moved over and tbh was cacking it a bit as they look well intimidating with those phat arch rims, etc!!!

Anyway...RS was about 3 car lengths behind me....car in front moved over and i booted it from 80mph in 5th gear up to 120mph when i had to brake cos of traffic ahead....RS must have gained about a cars length, i was well chuffed i held him off...wonder what would have happened if i dropped it to 4th and booted it? could have been interesting!!!

after we slowed, i moved over and let the RS driver past....he went past quite slowly and i was looking at him trying to catch his eye but he was pretending to look in the opposite direction LOL don't think he was too impressed!!!!

btw his number plate read, "R5 5MUG". :P

[ Edited Wed May 05 2004, 01:05AM ]

• 1 month later...

had a bit of a burn with an S3 2day.came off a roundabout in 2nd moderate acceleration.he took the bait.nailed 2nd,3rd,4th upto 5000rpm.doin 110mph by time i'd hit 5th.got the impression he thought he could pass me without hardly tryin.got to do better than that to pass a VR!quite impressed with the straight line speed with the 6pot,as everybody keeps mentioning.

ok, i wouldnt have posted this here but cos it been revisited... lol. I had an off the line start with an RX8 1.3 twin rotor. i think it may have been the lower powered version, on looking it up about 192 bhp. well off the mark i got a decent start, tiny bit of spin, and i was off, lol. it was neck and neck until i hit 4000rpm in second, and i just left him. i was pretty dissapointed to be honest. i know he was giving it some too, as when we pulled up at the next set of lights about 500m from where we started, he nodded to me with a smile, and turned off right. he looked as though he accepted the defeat. lol.

iv just beaten a 2.8 z3 the bloke was a pussy though he was bombin through traffic we got to the lights he revs it so i accept didnt launch it (never hav yet) he got his nose in front then i just breezed past him got to 60 he was a cars length back then he chickened out and wouldnt do it again the pansy

i had a 306 gti 6 try it with me yesterday, we were at the traffic lights on an empty dual carriage way, the lights went green and we both took off at the same time, by the end of my first gear he had dropped back to my rear bumper, and thats were he stayed all the way up to 80mph when we then had to slow down for some traffic lights, he turned left i went straight, he looked very upset :P , i do i have to admit his car sounded amazing and it was going through the gears like a motorbike, my cars completly standard by the way 8o)