hello!, got a mk3 vr6 as my run around, its completly standard and sounds quieter then a mouse !

whats the cheapest option to get the vr6 noise?! its my run around so i dont want to be buying a milltek cat back!

will changeing the back box help? or does that suit case silencer have to go aswell?,cheers..

i reved the engine without the airbox to see if there was any change in the engine noise and it was still as quiet as a mouse also doesnt even sound like a vr6 its just flat out quiet, the exhaust is completly standard and seems to have 3 silencers and one cat.

• 2 weeks later...

i reved the engine without the airbox to see if there was any change in the engine noise and it was still as quiet as a mouse also doesnt even sound like a vr6 its just flat out quiet' date=' the exhaust is completly standard and seems to have 3 silencers and one cat.

[/quote']

????!!!!!!! without sounding dull, it is a VR6? right. without an air box, it should roar as that's what an induction kit is for, just keeps the crap from getting into the engine (obviously there's a bit more to it,...but basically the same) so there is no way it should be as quiet as a mouse when you rev it...............

mines a vr6.... trust me dont remove the air box just drill the holes in it but they have to be perfectley round..... mine turns heads everywhere i go and always getting comments on the sound. i have a standard VR6 and ive been told its one of the best sounding people have heard

mines a vr6.... trust me dont remove the air box just drill the holes in it but they have to be perfectley round..... mine turns heads everywhere i go and always getting comments on the sound. i have a standard VR6 and ive been told its one of the best sounding people have heard

I'm exactly the same, could not afford an induction kit, so had the air box neatly drilled and sounds the nuts, and cost £0 which is a real winner!

thats so wierd how your all saying that an induction kit or drilling holes in your filter box works? as i ran it for a minute with the filter box disconnected to see if it made a difference and it didnt, not even the slightest,And yes stigg im sure it has 6 cylinders ;) just had my cam belt replaced the otherday. LOL thats a joke btw, yea its a 6! i also have a coorado vr6 with a milltek decat system which sounds realy realy realy nice!! but im not paying £450 for that to go on my daily runner but i deffinatly need to get something done as im missing out on the PURR PURRRR PURRR!!!

Only jessin with ya dude ;)

There's universal fit induction kirs on flea bay at £15 which fit upto a 4" pipe so they will go on your vr.. I'm runnin one on the mk2 r32 an on the vento vr.. Not sure how they sound na as both mine are charged one way or another but got to be worth a go..?!

charged VR's ya lucky bugger!!! yea deffinatly gona give it ago anyways, also got a magnex backbox which i need to get a pipe made up for it to fit so ill try n get that fitted!! also stig ,whats a charged vr like compared to na? does it just pull ALOT more in the rev range? i.e from 3500 rpm

The supercharged vr sounds like a vr only more aggressive and on boost it rips like a fighter jet! Its also far more driveable than the turbo vr whoch looses the vr grunt even without the short runner. You do get a semi vr note but its not quite as distinctive.. Plus on peak boost u really know about it!

In my opinion, superchargers are morr 'scene' they sound great and look cool however, if u want power and go then turbo is where its at!

charged VR's ya lucky bugger!!! yea deffinatly gona give it ago anyways' date=' also got a magnex backbox which i need to get a pipe made up for it to fit so ill try n get that fitted!! also stig ,whats a charged vr like compared to na? does it just pull ALOT more in the rev range? i.e from 3500 rpm

[/quote']

trust us it's the way forwards in life for a VR6... I still miss mine... :( Not the best sounds but check out YouTube for more...

they sound Luuuuuurrrrrrrvvvvvvllllllyyyyyyyy....

And yes much more drivable through out the range... the way is should have been at day one... Save and do it....I got better mpg on mine so could be a daily.... ;)

edit... another one... wish I'd recorded mine properly... ;(

and another...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIuEPCpkBlk&NR=1

Njoy let us know how the build goes... :D

this could be you...