Firstly I must start by saying I am not trying to promote top speeds here......But!!

The book figures for a MK3 Golf VR6 state 140mph......I am sure mine would do that easily as she keeps pulling past 100mph (On a private bit of road I know of!)

What can a MK3 VR6 do as in top speed and how about the Corrado as they have a bit more power?

probably irrelevent but i had an indicated 150 on the speedo racing a jag in my old 1993 obd1 with135k on the odometer and a couple of minor mods round a top speed oval ;) it held that speed for about 10 miles. before it cost me about 500 notes in repairs as i burnt out coilpack plugs leads cat and lambda but was great fun doing it and frightened the 5h1t out of the jag driver :)

my current standard 1996 i havent tried racing yet but it pulls like a train so im expecting similar figures.

vr's looooove to be pushed even in standard form. and suprise quite a few people in much flashier modern cars

depends what your driving :)

Golf VR6

Corrado VR6

I have owned hot hatches for the past 20 years......Makes me sound old! I passed when I was 17 so 37 now so not that old I keep telling myself! Anyway, I must say my Golf VR6 is about the best as in pulling past 100mph (Private road of course!) All mine has had is a modified airbox and a full s/s decat exhaust. She has good low down torque yet about 3,000rpm she really comes to life. Great engine even though it scares me to look at! So glad I joined as as a Premium member as the 'How to' guides make that lump of an engine look easy to work on!!

My charged vr suncro, made 168 (gps speed) on the Autobahn with my cousin pushing 175 in his evo fq340. Although Quite scary, even watching the trip clicking 10th kilometers was amusing as i seem to remember counting almost one a second!

Ive Never been over 70 out here tho..!

I passed my friend in his Edition 30, he was clocking 168mph, I was off the clock. Highest satnav speed is 157. Not using VR6 gearing though and all was carried out either on a private road or a foreign country :P

Actually, come to think of it, I have video footage of it somewhere, must try and hoke it out some time.