What is going on with this country..?

Probably a bad thread to start but I for one am fed up with the poor attitude of the younger generation and this aggro going on firstly in London, and now in other cities is evidence that some people really dont give a shi@ about others..

Waking up this morning and finding all this devastation on the news seeing all these peoples businesses wrecked by idiots that quite clearly dont have any respect for hard work and other peoples property just honestly leaves me gobsmacked..

Personally, I cant find any reason to justify it?

What are your views people..?

Those that have nothing will always rise in envy against those that have anything. Because they have nothing they have nothing to loose and the justice system is not a deterant. The MOD is going through a series of redundancies and cutting numbers, why not kill 2 birds with one stone and get them in uniform for a couple of years and learn some ground values that their parents clearly thought weren't important. No matter what, I blame the parents...

It makes me really sad to see this happening , this has gone away from being about race and equality this is pure and simple mindless violence , tonight across Britain the authorities need to take action and apply a zero tollerence to anybody stepping out of line. I fear this could only be the start of some dark times for this country adding to the current stress of a hard economy . Just my views I feel better now !

Allow the police the power to use force and this would all be sorted pretty quickly, cracking a few skulls soon puts others off, but at the moment the police hurt someone that lets be fair is trying to injure them and the police get hammered for it! its just stupid kids thinking the are well hard and showing no regard for other peoples property. It wouldn’t be tolerated in just about any other country, USA, Africa, even Germany, they would get put down hard and fast! why does the UK put up with it? The politics are getting to the point of madness here now!

just my thoughts lol

It makes me feel ashamed to be English, our grandfathers and their parents fought f**king hard to keep this country our own and look at it now, youths running riot because they think the world owes them something..

its seriously disturbing to think of how this is all going to go in a few years to come when THEY are the grandparents, what example have they set, the next generations have no chance.

Disgraceful and upsetting.

We should be going in with a zero tolerance hard handed approach to show them this is not going to carry on, but as always we'll stand dancing on the sidelines too scared to get involved in case some lowlife rioter gets hurt and police get blamed. what a joke?

its nuts, i luckily dont live in the uk so im not affected by whats going on but its plain to see the police dont have the authority to lay down the law! these muggs would of already been shot, yet there still free to rome around ruining other peoples lives and homes 2days on!

I reakon Bungys right and it is the parents fault.. Kids show now respect to their elders and its now coming to light..

I have just left a petrol station in oxon, where a belgium family where filling up their camper, whilst paying for their fuel the children asked their dad (in english!) why are these kids doing this.. Their father replied, because they have no respect.. At this point I felt humiliated and ashamed.

Sums it up.. No self respect and definately none for others, what hope do these people have in a society that is supposed to be based on moral values???

My sisters a fire fighterdown in london, and she can only describe it as terrifying! for what people have come to , to create such anarchy, its dispicable.

Thoughts go out to all the victims of who are basically, dicks.

thats my opinion anyway :)

It was a lucky escape for Bristol last night, the police force her were gearing up to help out in London so were well equipped to pounce as soon as riot calls came in about Bristol, heard a few places are gonna be hit here tonight tho, just hope my other half gets home safely!

Bristol city council have said a lot of the shops in Bristol will be shuttin early but not heard anything from the missus in a while

I am really not going to say what I think... But I agree with all that is said and ask how many of you assumed the position with just a look from our/your parents????

if they want act like animals then treat 'em like animals... and now I will stop before I say something I later regret...

So picture the scene, your sat in your living room after having had your tea and junior walks in wearing his best rioting gear. He casually asks where his iron bar and spray can is, to which you reply "it's under the stairs as it was getting in the way". He then leaves slamming the door and off for a nights fun. At what point does a parent have no idea what their son was doing last night when all across the news is details of the riots?

im ashamed of the way the country cant handle them.but most of all im ashamed of the youth in britain today, wolverhampton is getting looted as i type this. i think they must have set groups up to do this. and i think groups should be set up to go kick there ass! i also think the rubber bullets will sort them out :) scummy s&$t`s