feck sake what is the world coming to?!

right, why is it these days people are quite happy to admit that theyre a knob jocky and willing to drive about with invalid insurance just to save a few quid cos theyre too impatient to get some no claims behind them?!

following/posting on a thread on E38 about a guy who wants to convert a cheap E36 316 or 318 auto to a 325. basically admits openly he wants to do a conversion cos he wont tell the insurance.

so he's got a slating cos he's a knob, and he's trying to defend it saying he doesnt care?!!!!

i know E38 has got a reputation as being full of dicks these days, but im usually pretty adamant to defend it cos there are some knowledgable people on there. but PLEASE!!! you might as well admit youre happy to go down the pub and neck 10 pints and then go out for a spin

People like that should be shopped.. Plain and simple.

I have just had a heave ho with my insurance for going 49 miles over my limited mileage policy.. Not the end of the world in comparison, but truth is if i hadnt mentioned this and has an accident i wouldnt be insured Fact.

Now they are asking for mots on limited mileage policies which makes sence, but how do you police what numpty boy is doing..?

well at the moment he said he's just looking into it

few people backing him up saying well he's unlikely to get caught but you gotta look at the facts. he either cant get insured on a 325 or 328 cos of A. his age, B. previous claims or endorsements. why do people do engine swaps? to go faster. driving fast in south london, youre gonna get tugged. and all the police need is a quick once over on the car and spot the engine doesnt match the insurance.

anyway im no grass but 30 secs of looking and i found a vehicle reg off his old mk3 16v and an ad with his mobile number in really wont take Columbo to track him down

Catch 22 init. If insurance wasn't so stupidly over priced in the first place people wouldn't be taking risks like that.

Its people like this and other nob jockeys that mean insurance companies have to keep putting up their prices!! If any of us decent folk who pay full and proper for our motors get hit by him, it wil be our insurance who have to pay out! Therefore insurance companies need to take this into account and inflate premiums.

But end of the day its Ed38, i expect nothing less.

Cool story brah..... haha

• 4 weeks later...

you can at least rest assured if/when he gets caught he's not getting a penny and prob points/fine/license loss/prison depending on what situation he gets collared, what goes around comes around. If he shows his no plate on the forum someone wants to go into their local pigs and shop him.

im laughing here, my insurence was 1800 for my mk3 golf with a 1.6 in it then i called up and listed all of my mods as i cant aforde to be caught without inshurence and it droped to 1300 when i listed all my mods including my vr6 engine listed at 180bhp :-)

im laughing here' date=' my insurence was 1800 for my mk3 golf with a 1.6 in it then i called up and listed all of my mods as i cant aforde to be caught without inshurence and it droped to 1300 when i listed all my mods including my vr6 engine listed at 180bhp :-)

[/quote']

Who was this with ? as my renewal is due soon, as soon as it gets near I will ring Chris knot snd the like.

Catch 22 init. If insurance wasn't so stupidly over priced in the first place people wouldn't be taking risks like that.

another catch 22 - if so many people didnt fraudulently claim, drive without insurance, or simply have accidents through careless/dangerous driving... then everyone elses insurance would not be so expensive!