Dans vr6 turbo build thread UPDATE NOW FOR SALE,check car for sale section

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would stay clear i have heared there really bad built!

look in the secound hand maket i got two small k03 turbos for my twin turbo built and it came to 97 pound posted and when they arrived i was happy to see that they had a nice easy life and still looked new :-p

The T70 is a bit too big and the K27 is too small.

Well, I say too big and too small but it depends where you want the boost to come in. T70 won't full boost till around 4000 or later and the K27 will probably full boost at 2500 or lower and run out of grunt....plus it's only a 2.75" outlet, so will choke the top end.

Well as you can see i went with the T70,ive ordered a decompression plate,38mm wastegate,arp studs,manifold,got a head with autotech valve springs and titanium retainers,3 gauges,3 hole gauge holder which fits under the ashtray.

With all that coming im finding hard to sleep,i couldnt wait to get started so i've done this...

Well not as such lol basically long story short I swapped my gti lump for the vr lump then i had head gasket issues.

But now the misses has brought a lupo which means I can work on the car without rushing around. So I'm going to de comp it, do the chains, 6 branch etc then I'm gonna run with it like that untill I can afford a charger. Either super or turbo not sure which yet. Supercharger seems the less complicated route.

well all i know is what i have researched and read, and most of the results seem to be impressive there is no harm to the engine running low comp. i cant see why there would be im guessing lowering the compresion is creating a more healthy/ efficient burn of the air/fuel mixture. im sure someone with more know how will tell me more info on it, the only reason i know some bits and bobs is because im studing it at college at the moment. :)