I'll just leave this here.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know my thoughts mate, glad you got it. Unfortunately its not a car you can compare to the VR6 Golf as its not as fun to drive IMO (Unless you are in snow or on a greasy field :P) Looks good, just needs some sweet rims now FTW.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, In true Monk fashion, I've found I have a lot of problems with this Passat now.

Key Fob stopped working the other night. All signs point to the fob de syncronising. Key in lock, press lock on fob with key in drivers door lock while turning the lock to lock.

Easy to fix, £140 for ONE lock and door handle. This with garage traders discount from TPS. Could have put a new clutch and release bearing in the VR for £40 less.

Then earlier, driving along. Bumps in the road and I notice a clunk from O/S front everytime I go over a hump or a pothole that I can't afford. Praying that it is only a bush that needs replacing. Suspention is 9 months old and very expensive.

Something at the back of the car is also clanging around, looks like some excess play in BOTH rear exhaust silencers.

Getting/had a rumble sound for a week or so from the N/S front everytime I turn left or right. Either a wheel bearing or CV joint. Hoping it isn't the latter as that would set me back £214.

To top it off, the front and rear brake pads/discs need replacing as well as the clutch which is starting to slip..... either engine out job OR get it into my garage on a ramp but still have to fork out ramp time charges and some labour costs.

Looking in total at around £1100 - £1400 to sort it all. I still havn't been able to replace the N/S front door yet or buy original 5x112 15" alloy wheels. Looks like another poop year of motoring.