Vortech V3 Charged VR - Breaking

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well time for an update the next few days sees the so so final build before Billing.

ECU is out and off to United Motorsport, if you read this craig sorry mate about the RRFPR.

Schrick is off and provisionally sold, I am a little gutted but I need the money for the bottom end.

Front end is off the VR to fit the charger.

And I only got back from the USA this morning so I am jet lagged lol.

The plan is for the car to be charged on Saturday and running as this is my daily driver at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have numerous issues related to vag.com errors of which I have sorted myself with support from the forum of which has been great but the issues mechanically caused by mistakes is beyond me to resolve and I am now totally dishearten and have run out of money.

I will post up all the parts that have been used to do the build and will look into now breaking the VR.

The first parts to go are below

Schimmel Cams 263 - Used for under a 100 miles

Raceland 6 Branch which is heat wrapped

O2A gearbox

Lower strut brace

Sub, amp and wiring kit

New green stuff front brake pads

New metal layered head gasket

ARP head stud set

Header 8.5.1 compression plate

The above will be the first to go then;

Vortech V3 supercharger kit with OBD2 United Motorsport ECU, used for 100 miles, includes warranty for the charger

312mm brake conversion

Stainless steel brake lines

5 door leather interior including door cars and heated seat loom

Vibratechnics engine mounts, all three

Vento front end with Laminx front clusters

Jetex non-resonated exhaust system, used for a few months

Compomotive TH mono 16inch, 8j with 205,40,16 tyres (rare rims)

Few month old recon starter motor

Another O2A gearbox + clutch + flywheel

Boost gauge and oil temp gauge + holder

Smoked rear clusters

Number plate surrounds

AP suspension - 8 months old

Polybushed front wishbones

Polybushed rear beam bushes

New NGK spark plugs

2 sets of dubpower 7mm HT leads (1 new, 1 used)

Spare engine which needs new piston rings

FK front fog lights

There will be more I will work out the prices for parts etc and will put them on the sales board, all parts will be advertised on other forum boards. Please do not PM me for deals on parts this needs to be done on the sales boards as per the forum rules etc...

Once the above parts are gone I will then strip the car for the remaining parts of real value and then will give the shell to the local fire brigade to burn out.

Well I have numerous issues related to vag.com errors of which I have sorted myself with support from the forum of which has been great but the issues mechanically caused by mistakes is beyond me to resolve and I am now totally dishearten and have run out of money.

I will post up all the parts that have been used to do the build and will look into now breaking the VR.

The first parts to go are below

Schimmel Cams 263 - Used for under a 100 miles

Raceland 6 Branch which is heat wrapped

O2A gearbox

Lower strut brace

Sub' date=' amp and wiring kit

New green stuff front brake pads

New metal layered head gasket

ARP head stud set

Header 8.5.1 compression plate

The above will be the first to go then;

Vortech V3 supercharger kit with OBD2 United Motorsport ECU, used for 100 miles, includes warranty for the charger

312mm brake conversion

5 door leather interior including door cars and heated seat loom

Vento front end with Laminx front clusters

Jetex non-resonated exhaust system, used for a few months

Compomotive TH mono 16inch, 8j with 205,40,16 tyres (rare rims)

Few month old recon starter motor

Another O2A gearbox + clutch + flywheel

Boost gauge and oil temp gauge + holder

Smoked rear clusters

Number plate surrounds

Polybushed front wishbones

Polybushed rear beam bushes

New NGK spark plugs

2 sets of dubpower 7mm HT leads (1 new, 1 used)

Spare engine which needs new piston rings

FK front fog lights

There will be more I will work out the prices for parts etc and will put them on the sales board, all parts will be advertised on other forum boards. Please do not PM me for deals on parts this needs to be done on the sales boards as per the forum rules etc...

Once the above parts are gone I will then strip the car for the remaining parts of real value and then will give the shell to the local fire brigade to burn out.

[/quote']

Hopefully you will get your car sorted, but if not.

How much for the cams, and the sub kit?

Cheers,

Don

After all that can't believe it's being broken up mate. Sorry about that.

When you get chance to sort prices can i have them on the following:

312mm brake conversion

Jetex non-resonated exhaust system

Thanks.

so whats not running right ? ring me or pm ' date=' me everything is solveable

[/quote']

I'll be honest, it was great that Tony came back again and sorted out the timing issue after fitting the cams and fuel pump but the loose top tension bolt and oil pissing out with the rough idle again has totally dishearten me.

I've got a tappet noise and either a chain/guide or timing issue but I have got no pennies left and no wheels to roll around in..

I thought I would raise the funds for the black VR your mate had but nope and then I found another engine but was just unlucky as it had been promised.

So in a nut shell not a lot I can do!

After all that can't believe it's being broken up mate. Sorry about that.

When you get chance to sort prices can i have them on the following:

Vortech V3 supercharger kit with OBD2 United Motorsport ECU' date=' used for 100 miles, includes warranty for the charger

312mm brake conversion

Jetex non-resonated exhaust system

Thanks.

[/quote']

I'll let you know for sure once a decision is made.

martin , [please ring me, it isnt worth breaking it..

tbh , if all youve had so far is a dislodge fuel pump seal , and a a loose tensioner bolt, well then that is minor .

to be able to bolt on a extra 100hp , and have nothign go wrong first turn of the key is good .

tappetts aint mega money , and just becuase they are noisey ,it doesnt stop it being used .

chain noise , well lets see what it is .. you would have noticed , broken parts when u had it apart ..

seriously give me a ring and we will see what we can sort

martin ' date=' [please ring me, it isnt worth breaking it..

tbh , if all youve had so far is a dislodge fuel pump seal , and a a loose tensioner bolt, well then that is minor .

to be able to bolt on a extra 100hp , and have nothign go wrong first turn of the key is good .

tappetts aint mega money , and just becuase they are noisey ,it doesnt stop it being used .

chain noise , well lets see what it is .. you would have noticed , broken parts when u had it apart ..

seriously give me a ring and we will see what we can sort

[/quote']

Hear Hear........... Listen to this man first.........I hate seeing VR's busted up. I'm doing myself out of a few bits I'd like (if I can afford) but I'd rather see a man happy with his car...... there's loads on here would be willing to help......

Would like to say thanks to Jim for giving his time and a smack down lol to put some perspective on the build etc..

I will strip the rocker cover and take a look at the chain to see if its slack again and may take the top side cover off to see if there is any damage/additional wear to the top guide rail and chain tensioning plate.

So lots of pictures. Looks like a top end timing issue. so until this is sorted I really will know if there is engine damage.

Cheers Jim and guys for your comments