Vortech V3 Charged VR - Breaking

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate don't break it up ill be honest there's a few bits on your list id like but i think we would rather have the vr sorted if possible than take your vr to bits, im nae much help being new to the vr scene but im sure there plenty of guys on here with shed loads of advice to sort your motor out ;-)

Mate don't break it up ill be honest there's a few bits on your list id like but i think we would rather have the vr sorted if possible than take your vr to bits' date=' im nae much help being new to the vr scene but im sure there plenty of guys on here with shed loads of advice to sort your motor out ;-)

[/quote']

Cheers fella. I a few more bits to check and then I am out of money.

As you have mentioned there are quite a few guys on here that have been awesome with advise, help, guidance etc...The forum is excellent.

All us FI boys had teething problems Martin.....mine was off road for about 10 days with a mystery problem that I sorted out with many many calls to Tony.

Stick at it......its all worth it when you floor it and leave expensive machinery behind

Might leave some R32T behind Craig!!!!

I took her out yestereday evening for a good drive and she idles better.

I did notice that on the down change alot of burble and the acceleration is not smooth, around 3500rpm when the engine comes onto positive boost the car suddenly pulls funny, like a turbo.

Hard to explain is if the power is not completely there and then suddenly just is. Does not feel right?

Checked the MAF wiring and is wired correctly, not contact issues.

Vag.com is clean, no errors. Engine sounds better excluding the tappets noise.

I will move the MAF and parts to the passenger side.

Some progress, move the MAF another 2 inches and idling is not really that much better to be honest.

I am still only getting about Max 4.5 psi boost.

So a few more pictures

2011-09-11%25252019%25253A43%25253A30%252520%25252B0000.jpg

Oh yes its only taken me 3 months to get the sticker made but "vag whore" is missing from the bottom right corner.

2011-09-10%25252020%25253A12%25253A31%252520%25252B0000.jpg

Took a leaf out of Tony and Pauls book an created some customer pipework with bits and bobs.

2011-09-11%25252018%25253A45%25253A48%252520%25252B0000.jpg

2011-09-11%25252018%25253A46%25253A25%252520%25252B0000.jpg

Its only taken me 5 months to wrap this, what a pain in the a** but well worth it, as I am about to sell them :-(

I also had to raise the car up around 15mm for the temp hash for the induction kit. Once I got more pennies I will get a BMC and put this under the passenger wing with the MAF and will run the pipework behind the front splitter.

Well I the idle is better, I went to Vince at Stealth Racing to sort the tappets and re-map the car and this has made a huge difference.

Confidence is back on top. Fitted the rear strut brace, the MAF is further away from charger and the air filter is in the passenger side of the bumper. Free oil catch can fitted from an old charger setup, cheers Stealth. Oh I dropped the car back to the usual ride height.

So on that note I have got loads of spare parts to sell including to United map which was not really suited to my application in the end.

Oh on the rollers I got 270bhp and 233 lb ft which is a little disappointing tbh but with a move the plastic casing around the filter and sports cat, I am convinced this will make 285bhp + with some additional torque I hope.

Hey RCF, the VR is working fine, having a cold start issue but hopefully this will be sorted with the engine coolant sensor thing.

Only issue I have now is the rear passenger foot weld has water in it and the rear passenger door window has dropped down and the motor will not push it up.