• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just had a chance to update this as ive been bedridden the past few days... fail

Vento front

First off, Vento front. Got this on just in time for a local fire staton event that went on, unfortunately with a late style grille that was a last minute grab as my early grille still hasn't arrived, however ones being sent direct from Germany, should be here next week :)

As soon as it arrives it will be painted and fitted and should look much neater IMO

33814_10150102757312650_607702649_7452040_4372122_n.jpg

PC103041.jpg

Sticker stack?

Added a bunch of red and white stickers in pattern to the rear window, as with all sticker i chuck on they probably won't last, but at the minute im really liking it, adds a bit to the rear end, also chucked on a colour coded grommet in the process

PC103047.jpg

PC103053.jpg

Amber's

Threw on amber front indicators, still have the smoked items, but think these actual add to the front

15122010502.jpg

Engine

Decided after going polished for a bit that id go for a White and Black theme this time around, so i whipped off the inlet manifold and painted it white along with the plastic top cover

Stripped down (gave it a clean up after this photo)

11122010498.jpg

15122010500.jpg

14122010500.jpg

16122010504.jpg

16122010506.jpg

After installing i decided i wanted to re-route the induction if possible to free up the space in the left side of the engine bay to work towards smooth-ness :)

After a bid of fiddling i found out the componants that i was able to remove and managed to sort wiring out so everything functioned and i could route the induction behind the block at the back of the bay, just had to get hold of oil breather that i painted up in white to match up with the other items

16122010508.jpg

Overall view

17122010513.jpg

Slightly closer up

17122010512.jpg

Induction route

17122010509.jpg

It is close to the manifold but i haven't noticed any change in the drive of the car, i do plan to change the filter for a smaller item in black and paint any stainless sections white, also planning the expanion tank in white too and a re-location of the battery to the boot

Overall im dead happy with the result, feel free to express your opinions!

looks very very nice mate :) not 100% on the orange fogs need to see a full on front shot to fully see them but vento front with early will be awesome.

Engine bay work looks great too :) as you said would be slightly nervous about having my air filter there maybe ok at this time of year but in summer you might notice a difference and I hope the pipes are well away from the manifold ?!?

strong work though mate, your turning it into a very lovely car :)

Pipes are well clear, got the air filter itself propped nicely, with the raceland 6-2-1 it sits slightly different so ive got more room, and any electrical wires are cable tied out of the way

if it gets noticable in summer i can always mess about with it, ill see how it goes, its easy enough to change back anyways

ive still got my smoked indicators so if i change my mind ill swap right back, and i can't wait for an early grille haha

basically the pipe leading to the oil breather goes to your induction piping, i removed that link from the sensor onwards so only the induction pipe remained, just blanked the hole off with a grommet

also blanket off the small pipe connection that goes to the inlet mani

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...