My Black Vr6 3.2, Recaro CS, TT dash, Next stop VW Days :-)

Ok so about time I added a few pics of the finished article, didn't document/photo everything as I got carried away getting it finished.

momoenginefitted2017_zpsb413dd52.jpg

momoenginefitted2018_zpsa2ee2073.jpg

momoenginefitted2019_zpsa9fc82e9.jpg

Decided to try the Audi engine plaque as I thought it looked nicer than the vw v6 item...controversial I know but make your own mind up, I'm still undecided.

momoenginefitted2021_zps89c4446b.jpg

momoenginefitted2022_zpsffe98776.jpg

Ended up purchasing the dub power decat pipe with single lambda boss and built in flexi to complement the dub power six branch (forgot to take pics). Then needed a suitable exhaust of at least 2.5" so decided on a Jetex 2.5" non resonated system which fitted a treat.

image_zps06a61a79.jpg

image_zps1424f337.jpg

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So today I managed to get stuck in with fitting the rest of the interior, Front door cards all fitted with new door card clips, Next up was to remove the existing dashboard To make way for this,

As some members already are aware I had a very special interior lined up which I collected on Friday. I took the long drive up to Dunfermline to pick this cargo up which ended up in a 1200 mile round

Just to keep this alive, not many updates to speak of other than it's running superb, Attended ultimate dubs back in March and took the trip over to Dubshed in April, here's a few pics from the past

Posted Images

As mentioned above with me running a single lambda i had to buy a Bosch pre cat Lambda (black plug) from the mk5 R32 to enable this setup to run as it should.

Anyway cutting a long story short the car was finished and mot'd 2 days before our local show the Cornwall VW Jamboree.

Heres some pics taken from the show.

image_zps1c1f2c43.jpg

image_zps51131716.jpg

Also fitted a 6n2 polo gti steering wheel as I got bored of the momo one I had, I opted for one of these due to it being a direct fit on the mk3 and it was leather with the red stitching to continue the touches of red And the oem them,

However this will soon be coming out of the car and will be for sale...

image_zpse82bb438.jpg

You may notice I didn't fit the head unit in the car when I refitted the dash... Better things to listen to. ;-)

Also fitted a 6n2 polo gti steering wheel as I got bored of the momo one I had, I opted for one of these due to it being a direct fit on the mk3 and it was leather with the red stitching to continue the touches of red And the oem them,

However this will soon be coming out of the car and will be for sale...image_zpse82bb438.jpg

You may notice I didn't fit the head unit in the car when I refitted the dash... Better things to listen to. ;-)

Looks awesome bro, do all 6n2 steering wheels fit direct or is it just the GTi's?

Okay so as some people may have spotted, I decided it was time for a change on the wheel front, found a buyer for the Porsche wheels and the search got underway. Ended up striking a deal today on a set in Northern Europe so hopefully these will land next week in time for my birthday (treat for myself lol).

May reveal some pics once they land and I set to work on them ;-)

Okay so as some people may have spotted, I decided it was time for a change on the wheel front, found a buyer for the Porsche wheels and the search got underway. Ended up striking a deal today on a set in Northern Europe so hopefully these will land next week in time for my birthday (treat for myself lol).

You tease :)

Club Chairman

• 1 month later...

Northern you say, hmm i´m i Sweden so it could be something from here ;)

Great build btw!

• 1 month later...

So just to keep this thread alive here's a few pics from recently, the chosen wheels were a set of 17" RH ZW1's, 8.5" fronts and 9" rears, all wrapped in 205/40/17 falken ze914, the lips are aftermarket items so a lot wider than normal will update with full details soon, also finished off with mirror polished bolts to complete the look.

I'm running custom made pcd adaptors which have seen a lot of trial and error to get the desired fitment and after several visits to a friends for further machining I'm pretty happy with the fitment combined with further lows and a touch of camber dialled in for good measure,

Just awaiting some dry weather to get it out for a bit of a shakedown.

post-87440-0-86889800-1389901716_thumb.j

post-87440-0-05904700-1389901822_thumb.j

post-87440-0-67274800-1389901960_thumb.j

post-87440-0-63333000-1389902040_thumb.j

post-87440-0-42157300-1389902145_thumb.j