• 1 month later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sup guys, well i've been enjoying the bus being back on the road!!!!!!!

already clocked up over 1500miles.

last week i collected my fresh alpine white rims from Adie @ Custom Coatings................what a superb job he has done.......again!

i usually write a wee caption with my photos, this time no words as my photos do the talking!

thanks again to all that comment on my thread!

enjoy.....................

DSC07129.jpg

DSC07121.jpg

DSC07122.jpg

DSC07124.jpg

DSC07125.jpg

DSC07126.jpg

DSC07127.jpg

DSC07128.jpg

next stop interior!

• 1 month later...

Loved seeing this thread. What's going on with the interior? Have you fiited it out as a camper?

excuse the delay i have been enjoyin driving it and not been working on it!!!!!!! (h)

started sorting myself out and getting ready to tackle my interior!

i'm thinking of using mdf the getting it sprayed brilliant white to match my wheels bumpers etc!

yesterday i fitted a wbp ply floor and my 3/4 rock n roll bed................

DSC07144.jpg

drilled and bolted the bed to the floor and the back area using spreader plates..............

DSC07145.jpg

at first it was sitting off the square but after a few adjustments got it sitting perfect.................

DSC07146.jpg

DSC07147.jpg

to finish it off i bolted a ply section at the bottom that will house some sort of speakers etc............

DSC07149.jpg

DSC07150.jpg

going to purchase the framing and mdf in a couple of weeks and get the ball rolling, once i start the interior that will be my bus off the road again and hopefully when it reappears next year will be fully equipped for family camping trips!

cheers.............................

• 2 weeks later...

great wee day out today in my bus.................

DC11.5 car show at the vw verve wishaw!

i got an invite by the orginisers to show my bus inside the car showroom, i was the only air cooled that turned up and i scooped the peoples choice trophy!

here are a few snaps i took............

mk2 gti 16v only 20k miles on it.............

DSC07160.jpg

vento vr6..............

DSC07162.jpg

mk4 modded golf..............

DSC07169.jpg

mk7 bagged polo..............

DSC07168.jpg

the runner up.................

DSC07166.jpg

the center piece and trophies!!!!...........

DSC07161.jpg

back home on the drive!..................

DSC07175.jpg

DSC07172.jpg

one up for the air cooled eh!!!!!!!! (h)

• 2 months later...

i,ve been slacking.........................................NAWT!!!!!!!!.............................

was wanting to wait a wee while before i updated as ive got more ideas coming through daily!

the 3/4 rock n roll bed is fully fitted, bolted in and working..................

DSC07149.jpg

DSC07147.jpg

after the bed was completed i tackled the ply ceiling, tbh just did a quick job but tuned out not too bad!

thinking a wee sand up the a few coats of stained varnish for a different finish!

splitinterior1011.jpg

i got a wee man down in Doncaster to make me some timber/ply units to create the family camping interior!

took me a 10hr round trip to collect them. i will dry fit all units first then they will be removed and sent off the the paint shop to be coated many time in high gloss white to tie in with my bumpers, wheels etc.........................

main unit will house a sink n cooker under the high section...............

splitinterior1005.jpg

splitinterior1006.jpg

splitinterior1007.jpg

overhead locker unit for bits n bobs..................

splitinterior1010.jpg

i have purchased full new silent gliss curtain tracks n hooks and a set of curtains for after i complete the interior build.

i have also purchased some new covers for the valves as my stock ones keep leaking oil.................

splitinterior1013.jpg

splitinterior1014.jpg

so thats basically it on the bus front, hopefully get a few shifts in over the xmas period to dry fit it out!

• 4 months later...

sup guys?!?!?!?...................winters over and the bus is back on the driveway! back in december i swapped my mk3 vr6 for a mint mk2 golf, so for the last few months i have been feeding my vw habit with another golf!

a few weeks back i got an email from volkswagen pr asking for my bus and golf to have in their main showroom for the release of the new beetle and UP models! so i agreed and let them have them, i also got a mates mk2 jetta to complete the look!

here are some snaps....................

my bus n golf..............

vwupshowroom021.jpg

bus and owens jetta...............

vwupshowroom022.jpg

my bus............

vwupshowroom019.jpg

my golf...........

vwupshowroom010.jpg

owens jetta............

vwupshowroom017.jpg

the 3 cars looked right at home in the showroom and got some serious attention from the staff and customers!!!!!!

oh and my interior is still not finished!!!!!! lol :-(

Awesome bus Dude...just sold a 55' - but surprisingly don't miss it... pain in the arse to drive, even after fitting the Creative Steering and rebuilding the engine.. And in reply to the Vr in the Mk 2.... Yes all the way

• 3 weeks later...