Ians golf mk3 VR6..... New wheels are on!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good mate...seems to work well!!

looks wicked mate where did you get the bung for deleting the rear wiper?

You can get a pack of 3 different sized ones from halfords for 50p and i think its the middle one that fits... they're with the little packets of nuts, bolts and washers... :) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Bought some new wheels today!! After many many many hours of searching the Internet for somethin a little bit different I came across these

8b2c9244.jpg

can't wait to get them fitted but need to get adaptors and new tyres fitted as the current ones are a little wide at 255 & 245 :-)

Bought some new lights at the pod the weekend so fitted them today once I made 2 trips to halfords for Amber bulbs..... The first pack had 2 different fitmentment bulbs in!!! Anyway pic........

Regards to the bulbs have you tryed ebay for the chrome indicator lamps? they look looooaaadds better and cheap, i had the same problem and halfords didnt even wanna know! they suck :( .....So...a good old fashion bodge was in order and i painted the lamps until the chrome ones arrived :) success! Looking good btw!!

Bought some new lights at the pod the weekend so fitted them today once I made 2 trips to halfords for Amber bulbs..... The first pack had 2 different fitmentment bulbs in!!! Anyway pic........

Regards to the bulbs have you tryed ebay for the chrome indicator lamps? they look looooaaadds better and cheap' date=' i had the same problem and halfords didnt even wanna know! they suck :(

[/quote']

I managed to get the correct bulbs from them in the end n with the new darker lights u can't really see the orange

Makin some good progress mate. Yeh new rear lights suit it better. What wheels are they. Make sure you stick up some pics when they are on.

not sure the name of the wheels but their from a corvette :-), will be a while before there on as gotta get tyres and adaptors n that's gonna cost a fair bit, will be needin some arch work done too as the fronts are 8.5 and rears are 9.5, gonna get some mega strech on the go n all will be sweet, really can't wait!!

Gonna get a mate to Photoshop what it'll look like :-)

Bought some new wheels today!! After many many many hours of searching the Internet for somethin a little bit different I came across these

8b2c9244.jpg

can't wait to get them fitted but need to get adaptors and new tyres fitted as the current ones are a little wide at 255 & 245 :-)

damn u!!! DAMN U DAMN U! lol, my fav wheels, EVER! cant wait to see these on, will look like alltuv - my fav mk3 ever!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

'Small' update to do

So was on my way shoppin one sat last month as we were nearly there the coolant light started flashin at me, I got to the mall as was only round the corner popped the bonnet to see what was the problem, I found the oil coolant pipe that comes from the main coolant pipe (aka 'crack' pipe) had a small split n was squirting coolant everywhere.

2344fb53.jpg

I left it all to cool and went shoppin, stopping in m&s on the way bk with 3 litres of water, 'topped' up the header tank.... Ended up takin 2L n watched to find no leaking from the pipe, decided to try n nurse the car home so it was somewhere safe where it could be left till I got the part.

Got home to find no more water had leaked, which to me was really strange as u could see the split in the pipe!

Ordered the part from VW at the cost of £8 thought what a bargain, cheap fix little did I know this was just the beginning!

I got my mate rob round to give a hand as my tool collection consists of just screwdrivers. So the job began of tryin to remove the split pipe, as u know space is a little tight n the intake manifold did nothin to help matters but we persisted to try n get the pipe off, then would u know it the 'crack' pipe cracked!

Now I know what this meant n the look on my mate face when untold him was priceless........ Whole front end removal time! For those that dont know This is because the crack pipe runs from the thermostat housing, across the front of the engine to the water pump.

We started the task of removin the front end as we had an hour before I left for work thinkin it'd save time later once I had a new crack pipe.... We ended up managing to remove it all and label all the electrics in 45mins!!!

03e0daf7.jpg

New pipe was ordered but pipe is upgraded to a metal one (£50 posted from someone on here) so no need to worry about this cracking like the plastic one, it's a massive design fault from VW!

Part arrived,rob once again lent his services and the job began puttin all bk together, the new crack pipe took a bit of persuading to get into the water pump end but it went in eventually, fitted the new pipe to oil cooler and began the task of refitting the front end fillin with fluids and checkin everythin was bk in order

This for a change went quite well, system was filled with water,checked for leaks,...none :-), emptied (flushed) then filled bk up with coolant,ran to temp, no leaks, thermostat opened fine, fans kicked in.... All was good again :-)

Car now runs a lot cooler,fan kicks in less n not one drip of fluid :-)

Even tho he wont see this a big thanks to rob for all the work involved, wouldn't like to see the bill gettin a garage to do the work!!

On a funny note, the car was out of action for two weeks n even though new parts had to be bought (£58) I actually ended up Savin money as I'd usually drive at least 22 miles a day

:-)

I do still have them but no their not for sale sorry, gonna be keeping them for a while as it's an easy way to change the look of the car in just a few seconds :-)

Vettes would have been good but meant a lot of work needed n I don't have the money to be playin with arches etc