Ians golf mk3 VR6..... New wheels are on!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some new rubber in the post yesterday for the 'secret' wheels, had Tyres fitted today, got some baby stretch on the go :-)...

e8a3c9aa.jpg

A mate has some adaptors so will hopefully be doin a lil test fit over the weekend, if all goes well a couple of weeks and they should be on :-)

Also got some new headlights to fit, some bonnet lifters to go on and new speakers to fit when the amp arrives! so will update as things get put on :-)

Test fitted yesterday, look amazin but that was with 35mm front and rear adapters lol I won't be runnin the car with that much poke as hvent got arches rolled, but it meant we could work out what sizes to get...... They have now been ordered n will be here tues/wed. Spendin next fri at mates garage getting everything set up right (like ride height etc) pics will be on then :-)

• 2 weeks later...

So today was the day to fit the new wheels.... Along with other stuff

All was straight forward so I'll just let the pics do the talkin :-)

These are just quick pics as I couldn't resist any longer, will get better ones asap

The wheels

63afcfd2.jpg

da24b5c2.jpg

With a small bit of stretch 

e8a3c9aa.jpg

And finally fitted 

1def92f9.jpg

c01909d7.jpg

Also fitted the mk4 style headlight, the crystal indicators/fogs and bonnet lifters. All in all a pretty productive day

All comments good or bad welcome :-)

looks good mate :) Merc yilduz (sp) wheels - very nice but as per your previous statement - so close but no cigar ;) ;) I had them on my old car but yours look way nicer :)

1283455716_5463_FT340133_new_rims_4_.jpg

Darn, n I thought I was onto a winner! Oh well never mind, there on, they look good n I'm happy so it's all good :-)

• 1 month later...

A small but hugely annoying update

Went out to the car today n noticed some idiot though it'd be funny to throw an egg at the side of it, didn't think all that much of it, went inside grabbed some cleaning stuff n went out to wash it off, here is a pic of where the egg impacted..

42f024eb.jpg

Did u know eggs chip paint!!! :-(

Safe to say I'm rather angry n will be keepin watch for a while with a rather heavy implement! Grr