who uses there car daily?

I sold my wife on the Schrick by saying the engine would be running more efficiently and therefore more economically.... And oddly it does, I now get an MFA 32-34 on a motorway cruise at 80ish. I use mine for work, but luckily I normally don't need to do short runs, so on average I get 270-280 from a tank driving reasonably sensibly,300 driving very sensibly, or 250 driving more interestingly.....

Well if l fill it to the brim' date=' l get about 50 miles before the needle moves from full, but as soon as that happens the rest of the tank seems to vanish, but l dont drive it economically, it is to much fun not to :D

[/quote']

exact same with mine!! think ur doing really well then it just a disapears......

we'll see, jus getting bit fed up atm....properly overdrawn and cut back/given up everything else thats good or fun! will see after xmas i think, gonna ask santa for a service! it might be a bit easier to run after some love.....

blimey mate my mpg was never that bad when I had the charger on !! even in town driving !

Now that's got me thinking. Did not buy the VR for fuel economy & it's not a daily so I do lesss than 7' date='000 mls per year. But recently even with steady motorway driving just under 70mph driving I stuggle to get to 30mpg.

[/quote']

hmmm well I would maybe have a few bits checked then mate !! as an extremem example drove back from Santa Pod earlier this year at Granny speeds on the motorway (60ish all the way) and I managed to get 42mpg average with the charger !!

42mpg!! Cannot get that in my mk2 ABF :-(

Yeah will defo get the VR checked out as at the moment I am lucky to get 30mpg on a run @ 60mph.

Also seems like they are quite a few of us who struggle to get 300 miles from a tank on a run

blimey mate my mpg was never that bad when I had the charger on !! even in town driving !

Now that's got me thinking. Did not buy the VR for fuel economy & it's not a daily so I do lesss than 7' date='000 mls per year. But recently even with steady motorway driving just under 70mph driving I stuggle to get to 30mpg.

[/quote']

hmmm well I would maybe have a few bits checked then mate !! as an extremem example drove back from Santa Pod earlier this year at Granny speeds on the motorway (60ish all the way) and I managed to get 42mpg average with the charger !!

Yeah will defo get the VR checked out as at the moment I am lucky to get 30mpg on a run @ 60mph.

Also seems like they are quite a few of us who struggle to get 300 miles from a tank on a run

i did the same in the vr also manedged 46 mpg over 50 miles once too lol i somehow doubt the mk4 will get anywhere near it haha

What??!! 42mpg on a trip, or was it resetting the MFA when you were cruising on an A road or something? I drive really carefully on the way to work and the very best I've had is 30-31... I think I will try resetting the trip mpg on an A road once the car is warmed up and see what it's getting then!

yeah I would mate and driving very sensibly you should easily see over 30mpg - I normally get around 280-300 miles from a tank on normal driving

Well I zeroe'd the MAF toda when cruising at about 70mph on the A38 and the most I saw was mid 30's and as soon as you touched the throttle after slowing down it soon went down to averaging about 30! I have no idea how some people are getting into the 40's.Must be a combination of good servicing and some efficiency improving mods or something!