who uses there car daily?

as title really........i use mine to go back and foward to work everyday, sitting in traffic most of the way home, off to the shops - i hate being a passenger so i take it everywhere really! its done over 8k in 7 months and will prob end up doing well over 17000 in its 1st year with me.....

buuuuuut.........its really starting to get me now :-( im putting £200 of fuel in it a month (which i notice has gone up again!) and it still needs its chains doing, plugs, leads, oil leak.......my mrs couldnt justify it along time ago but even im finding it hard to justify, spending all my spare cash on a car.

but i love that ROOOAAARRR and as soon as i drive it my mind changes, but even thats starting to change as i now back off the throttle to save a bit of juice.

jus wondering if anyone else is crippling themselves for their vr? cos im nearly beaten me :-(

Hi mate, yeah I use mine every day for the commute, but I've only had mine about 3 months! I am spending about £120 or so a month on petrol and it does get to me. If the trafic is bad then I struggle to get 25mpg on the way home. I get about 26mpg over the tank. I didn't buy it for economy though!

I am looking at a few jobs coming up as well and I have thought about maybe getting shot, but the cars only got 61k on the clock so I feel it's worth putting a little bit of money into it to restore it to its former glory!

I guess you gotta balance it up and see if its worth it... not much help but just a few thoughts from another daily driver!

yup me too - mine have been my daily's for the past 3 years mate :) I know what you are saying about the fuel but it was something I was always willing to live with - and if you drive it reasonably sensibly you can get 30mpg out of it easily and that isn't that bad !! :)

Can get nowhere near that driving it reasonably in London. I'm lucky to see 23 mpg !

Mines been a daily for 4yrs of the 5 yrs ive had it.....only recently let me down, by not running right, but soon sorted that.

Also when i went down to Sal and Martin i filled up before I left and reset clock and did 300miles on 3/4 tank...and thats me playing on motorways as well.

So chargers dont always use fuel

blimey mate my mpg was never that bad when I had the charger on !! even in town driving !

Now that's got me thinking. Did not buy the VR for fuel economy & it's not a daily so I do lesss than 7,000 mls per year. But recently even with steady motorway driving just under 70mph driving I stuggle to get to 30mpg.

Mine has been used as my daily in the year i have owned it and i prob do 200 in fuel a month, but its not that that bothers me, its having to drive it in the rain and cold when really i want him tucked up in a garage for winter....

maybe its an idea to get a cheap 300 run about for your daily commute... if you do less miles in the vr you can go on classic car policy with some insurers and get it well cheap so makes having another car not too expensive.

i know if i had a spare few hundred thats what i would do! lol

I have had mine for nearly 2 years and have driven it every day to work and back, i hate being driven too so i go everywhere in it. Costs me a fortune in fuel which was fine when i lived at home but since i moved out i am permanantly skint. It's worth it though, plus my insurance is ridiculously cheap so that helps.

Was thinking about buying a cheaper car as a daily driver but i honestly don't think i could cope! I had to borrow my brothers 1.1 saxo the other week and i cried each and every time i got in it.

The most i have had out of mine is 28mpg and that was on the motorway, when ragging it round it only does about 17mpg. :-d

Yeah same for me. I use mine everyday to get to work, which is about an 11 mile drive there and back, mostly traffic but with a few open dual carraigeways thrown in! Im lucky if I get 18mpg on the way to work, and I usually put about £40 a week in the petrol tank.

I do think sometimes that I would be so much better off financially if I didnt have the VR, comparing everything to my friends who drive little 1.4 clio's - they pay £50 a month insurance and £30 of petrol lasts 2 weeks...when I pay £120 a month insurance and £150+ on petrol, but then I ask myself, would I really swap my VR for a 1.4 just to save a bit every month? And the answer is always a NO. If I drove a 1.4 or anything smaller, Id only spank the money i save on clothes or general crap anyway!

Much rather be a bit skint and have a smile on my face everyday than be economical and save £150 a month. I definitley couldnt go back to driving anything smaller.

blimey mate my mpg was never that bad when I had the charger on !! even in town driving !

Now that's got me thinking. Did not buy the VR for fuel economy & it's not a daily so I do lesss than 7' date='000 mls per year. But recently even with steady motorway driving just under 70mph driving I stuggle to get to 30mpg.

[/quote']

hmmm well I would maybe have a few bits checked then mate !! as an extremem example drove back from Santa Pod earlier this year at Granny speeds on the motorway (60ish all the way) and I managed to get 42mpg average with the charger !!

300 from a tank is exceptionally good! I guess you might only got that on a constant motorway trip. I don't know about you guys but the most fuel I've ever got in my tank is about 10 gallons, it seems a small tank, and the needle moves straight away from full pretty much! Most cars I've had usually stay full for about 50 miles or so while it uses the fuel in the filler neck I guess. This gives the impression it is less economical than it actually is! Don't know about others like....

Mine has been used as my daily in the year i have owned it and i prob do 200 in fuel a month' date=' but its not that that bothers me, its having to drive it in the rain and cold when really i want him tucked up in a garage for winter....

maybe its an idea to get a cheap 300 run about for your daily commute... if you do less miles in the vr you can go on classic car policy with some insurers and get it well cheap so makes having another car not too expensive.

i know if i had a spare few hundred thats what i would do! lol

[/quote']

I would do the same Nat if I had a garage lol

300 from a tank is exceptionally good! I guess you might only got that on a constant motorway trip. I don't know about you guys but the most fuel I've ever got in my tank is about 10 gallons' date=' it seems a small tank, and the needle moves straight away from full pretty much! Most cars I've had usually stay full for about 50 miles or so while it uses the fuel in the filler neck I guess. This gives the impression it is less economical than it actually is! Don't know about others like....

[/quote']

mines the same full tank and not even done 3o miles and its off the full mark between 3/4 and full. it is a small tank in comparison to other cars but thats why i love it. big 6 cylinder engine but only £50 odd quid to fill it, where as my omega was nearly £90 quid to fill it and just wasnt the same even though i had the 2.5v6