GTi Spring Festival Sun 11th April 2010

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Paul.

Tony, always a pleasure mate. I know Bungy and Jake had to go but I figured you could do with someone to moan at lol.

I'm really suprised I was the only one out of you, me n craig to utter the only innuendo today lol. Craig, did you like the head? lol!

Crackin stuff. Sparkz, I didn't realise who you were as I drove past lol. Would have been a pleasure to meet you and the other lads that turned up.

Jake, I popped my cherry with some other dude driving a S/C mk2 golf lol. Mr Red Devil. :D

Well I tried to find u guys several timed but just couldn't see the stand' date=' I seen someone parked up, massive fmic pokin out the front but it had vanished again within a few mins

[/quote']

Yeah I didn't see anyone either... not even on the track! Got a few pics of a mulberry highline and a dragon green VR (N80 OAK)

I was expecting to find a huge stand full of mk3s n rados but nothin :-(

does this club attend shows at castle combe?

Its because most of the regulars didnt show due to us only just returning from the nurburgring and are skint or car-less, and gav, well he's just gay so wasnt there... the club stand is usualy packed with us nutters... just bad timing on this one... roll on gti international!! :) :) :)

Enrico, you didnt see us because most of us had gone by around 1pm. Several people turned up as the leavers in the morning went.

As far as I'm aware, the grip wasn't too fantastic and there were cars dumping their internals all over the race track one after the other.

The stand wasn't actually a stand. More a parking space for my car and another members. As stated though buddy, everyone here other than me, went to Germany and several of the regulars couldn't be bothered with traveling pretty far for a busy one day event.

Kudos on your run matey. I beat ya on that one though by .1 of a second lol. :P

All I have done to mine is a stock exhaust with a decat and a tumble dryer hose for an intake.

Yesterday was my first day of running down the strip and I was going down the strip with everything in my car apart from the passenger front seat. Also with a full tank of petrol and I weigh 20 stone.

I never got any decent starts though and my 0 - 60ft times were crap. Those 0-60ft times need to be really low to get a good time.

All of the engines are different on figures. For all you know, you could be running a 200bhp engine with everything sealed good and proper for a good torque readout. My last engine was pushing about 150bhp tops..... to the point where 1.9tdi golfs with fubar'd turbos were nailing me.... aint that right tony? lol

good weekend my best time was 14.8 well happy with that as i only have 160bhp and my clutch was slipping...glad u got home ok tony never seen a vr joint..shaft give up before u must have had some good grip with them tyers