www.VR6OC.com Mega Meet

There was talk a while back about trying to get as many members together in one place as possible, i don't know if anyone is still interested in this but I am, so I am suggesting that we meet at the new event called Dub:Fest. Its only a one day event and i'm guessing that it will be a sunday so if we meet up on the friday night then go for a little drive round York on the Sat then go to the event on the Sunday.

I may be a little ahead of myself here but i have started to look into hotels to see if any could cope with 60ish rooms being group booked, also if they have a decent car park. I will also be talking to a friend who is high up in a National Security company up here to see how much it would be to have one or two guys to patrol the car park at night just to make sure nothing happens.

I found this little video (well huge at 59.7Mb) but it has got me motivated into trying to start something up (LINK: http://www.fastpurple.co.uk/corrado/vids/Big%20Scirroco%20&%20Corrado%20meet.mpg ) I think that we should try to get something started that will be the same standard as this

Don't know how many people would be up for this as the date for Dub:Fest hasn't even been arranged yet but I know that I will definatly be there.

People interested in going to Dub:Fest and having a Mega Meet of VR6's:

1: Vento_VR6

2: Mk2R32

3: ???

df001.gif

[ Edited ]

• 2 weeks later...

Oh know they've had to cancel it :-(

"Monday 13th December

All,

today we have had to make the decision to cancel our plans for DUB:FEST.

We thought we'd got in touch with someone who was going to help us put a show on, but we couldn't come to an agreement regarding the costs of the show.

The venue we chose was perfect. We may have slipped up in that we didn't consider any others. We chose a partner in a company that is acknowledged to be the best sprint organiser in the business. We thought we were going to be able to bring you the premier Dub show next year.

However we couldn't agree terms. He was reluctant to give us a day to plan as our own but for the most part, the areas he wasn't willing to compromise on were for safety reasons. This we were cool with. However, what we weren't cool with was the distribution of funds he proposed. We didn't fancy holding all of the risk in our cut of the gate receipts. We always said we didn't want to do it to make money and that if we did make some money it would get plowed into the 2nd DUB:FEST show. Unfortunately his proposal didn't allow that freedom.

Our sincerest apologies to all those that we promised things to, we fairly hyped this show up. We've still got 101 great ideas for a show that you've never seen done before. We've still got companies snapping our hands off for a stand or a run up the strip. If you think you know of a venue that would suit, then mail us on matts@dubfest.net.

Thanks,

The Dub:Fest Committee"

That's a real shame it looked to be a really good show