Pete's OBD2 Corrado VR6 - On The Road

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's alive!!!  

Went to my local pirtek branch to make up my oil lines as didn't have correct tools here to do the job and wanted peace of mind 🏻 They have done a great job and only £38 - I supplied the li

I went to Stealth yesterday, feeling quite apprehensive! I am the 3rd car that has used their new strapping system, so they can run higher power cars without needing to use glue all of the time, and a

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Happy new year!

Now that I have money again I'm back on to the build!

Had to buy some 90 degree AN fittings and some more hoses, fittings etc....

Also came up with a solution to mount catch can:

post-81920-145264078292_thumb.jpg

post-81920-145264079202_thumb.jpg

Clamped it to the metal bracket between 2 metal plates. No messing.

Sent can off to get powder coated again as had to file off the bracket on it.

post-81920-145264083886_thumb.jpg

Also ordered up the pipe work I need to connect it all up.

Air filter arrived today!

post-81920-145264085446_thumb.jpg

post-81920-145264086265_thumb.jpg

post-81920-145264087019_thumb.jpg

post-81920-145264091308_thumb.jpg

Pretty good quality and nice small enough not to have to worry about it being too low to the ground once fitted.

Looking good buddy, are you running the MAF after the charger then? Or you going MAFless?

Almost mounted my catch can there, but after looking at the hose route, and wanting to try and hide them as much a possible. I went for it on the bulk head, next to brake servo. Getting there man! :) Going to amazing with you freshly built engine too!

Edited by c00k

Have you replaced your small idle pulley mate.

As I have and idea of one that may work.

It's from a Subaru, I saw it on something I was watching, and thought straight away they could be used on VR superchargers.

http://shop.grahamgoode.com/subaru-impreza-classic-small-timing-belt-idler-pulley-ggs3028-64860-p.asp

Something abit like this, the rear could be milled, cut down, or even spaces.

If it will definely work I'm unsure, but it's an idea. I think with a small bit of fiddling and adjusting it could work very well. :)

Edited by c00k

It's from a Subaru, I saw it on something I was watching, and thought straight away they could be used on VR superchargers.

http://shop.grahamgoode.com/subaru-impreza-classic-small-timing-belt-idler-pulley-ggs3028-64860-p.asp

If it will definely work I'm unsure, but it's an idea. I think with a small bit of fiddling and adjusting it could work very well. :)

Might Car Mods style, I have one saved in my watch list for when I go stage 2

Looking good buddy, are you running the MAF after the charger then? Or you going MAFless?

Almost mounted my catch can there, but after looking at the hose route, and wanting to try and hide them as much a possible. I went for it on the bulk head, next to brake servo. Getting there man! :) Going to amazing with you freshly built engine too!

I will be running a MAF before the charger. I cheated a bit with the photo as my MAF needs to be further away than 18", so have some flexible tube etc.. on order, so will have it all neatly hidden away behind the wing / bumper, I didn't want a massive filter as most I see have a filter almost on the floor, and when the weather is as good as it in the UK I wanted something further off the ground.

I've got the pipework on order from ASH, with a 90 degree reducer (20 > 25mm) and shouldn't look too bad with how I have it planned.

I cannot wait to get it going, but worth taking my time and doing it right first time :)

I already have a dual idler pulley installed, so shouldn't have many/any issues with belt slip etc....

I'm sure I did see that pulley on the supercharging the mini series ! Sure they had that exact one lol!

Yeah man that's where I saw it, my set-up uses a totally different idle pulley system. So wouldn't work with mine, but as soon as I saw it on the supercharged mini I thought It would work with vortech supercharges. :)

Its a great series on youtube! and I did have the same thoughts as you ! Great for people who need to fabricate their own single/dual pulley setup for a supercharger - like dom.joy

So. Catch can is all sorted now. Feel like I am making progress.

Had it powder coated in gloss black.

post-81920-145324283857_thumb.jpg

This is how I'm mounting it to the can.

post-81920-145324291797_thumb.jpg

Hooked up the pipe work and mounted it all up tonight. It's turned out pretty well.

post-81920-145324304642_thumb.jpg

post-81920-145324306493_thumb.jpg

Just need clamp the hoses up and another job off the list

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to report apart from being really ill for last 2 week or so!

Made up the MAF wiring extensions now. Will sort that out in a few days once I'm 100% to freeze in my garage!

Walbro fuel pump has arrived so will be fitting that in next week or so.

Just need order some hose clamps and a belt and ready to rock!

• 3 weeks later...

Had some time today to sort the MAF wiring out.

Not the best of starts as the soldering iron packed up do had borrow one off neighbour.

Anyway, soldered, heat wrapped and and cloth taped up the loom ready for charger installation.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456078680.350434

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456078757.722058

Another job off the list.

Next up is to measure my belt length, but like my tools my ball of string has gone missing too so couldn't do that today.

Still need fit fuel pump next weekend....

• 1 month later...

It's been a while and last weekend should have been the weekend I was fitting the charger!

All was going well leading Upto the weekend. Got the walbro pump installed.

ef1621075f8191e886b7533bcf057a48.jpg

That was a nice job.

got it all stripped down and got the right belt length for the charger etc...

d384800f60eeef0dace322aa5c2b3df2.jpg

3345681f8940b6cd513b0703ad6e1e60.jpg

Then the issue that put a stop to the install. The brass oil injector was damaged and upon torquing it up snapped!

So. New one on order from USA and will go for round 2!

Got the boost gauge and vent pod in the mean time for that OEM look. Very happy with this.

5a9795c4a7fb768411f348886fdd1392.jpg

Got the 1/8" fitting on the back now. Had to cut it down so it fits nicely in the vent.

616433ebbf1bf853140f23d7833c2290.jpg

Also this week I've replaced the rear wheel bearings both sides.

Also had an oil leak. Tracked it down to the oil pressure sensors.

1335ff7075f4569f7243545ef7b463c6.jpg

Both have been replaced today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just after the throttle body, the vacuum that would of gone to the PCV and Evap. But both of mine were deleted and removed, so it was spare and a nice short route in to cabin. 

Mines OBD2 thou, not sure it that's where you ISV would be connected, I'm OBD2 mainly lol. 

It's a rather large vacuum connector, so I stepped it down. 8mm if I remember rite, think I stepped it down to 4mm. Can't remember 100% 

Location and route of hose I went through the drivers side of the rain tray, I did have to drill a small hole, quickly painted it and put a grommet around edge, so the hose could never touch the metal if vibrating and wear through. 

Edited by c00k
23 hours ago, D1BBZ said:

Really enjoyed reading through this thread, Its impressive! The car looks awesome. Does make me massively rethink the timescale for my build though :( where do you source your OEM parts from?

Thanks for the comments. Yes it's been a long hard road but has been worth it every time I get in it and drive it. 

Probably could have been done quicker but kids, money, work gets in the way!

Parts, I've had from various places. A lot of items custom manufacturered. Such as green steel brake lines, fuel tank straps etc.. 

Has been a great journey so far and being part ifs club helps massively. 

Onwards and upwards with added boost in a few weeks hopefully!