Show us yer garage

My garage had turned into the normal dumping ground and so today I had a little tidy up. Really need to weed it out so that there is nothing down either side but i've amassed so much stuff that's too good to throw away. My floor is showing the battle scars of 2 car restorations and will need painting again.

IMG_0085.jpg/img]

Mine is full of little tykes and fisher price kit nowadays. Having said that i have been blessed with a double length long narrow one.. hence why my car stays at work (it also means I can make a weekend away now and then 'working') ;)

I can see Bungy, u have the foldup hoist, roller board and a tool chest ready for the work ahead!

Mine is full of little tykes and fisher price kit nowadays. Having said that i have been blessed with a double length long narrow one.. hence why my car stays at work (it also means I can make a weekend away now and then 'working') ;)

I can see Bungy' date=' u have the foldup hoist, roller board and a tool chest ready for the work ahead!

[/quote']

All the tools are there ready to go, but I do like to research things fully before jumping in. I like the idea of leaving the car at work for those "weekend jobs". Cunning as a cunning fox that's had cunning lessons from a cunning master.

Ok.... Here's the outside the day I purchased the house - I've done some work on it already.

power washed all the bricks and plastic facias, painted the garage door, put on a couple of new locks, fitted all new side seals and a seal across the bottom of the garage.

n512334131_955759_2961.jpg

Here are the pics inside... It needs clearing out ready for the Corrado :)

The loft!

2572_55859784131_512334131_1553141_1124554_n.jpg

the left side;

n512334131_1553135_4912887.jpg

workbench and right side

n512334131_1553070_3296760.jpg

Got some PVC flooring coming and going to drywall it garage / insulate it and replace the old wooden windows for some new PVC windows.

A good security measure if you have an up and over door and a side entry door is to either drill the door runners and put 1" padlocks throught the holes and use the side door, or drill through the bottom corners of the door and into the concrete and use 6" nails as drop pins. Most garages get broken into by forcing the bottom corners of the door. I've even known a favourite on another owners club was to leave a baby monitor plugged in and the other end in your bedroom after repeated breakins. Hope it never happens to any on here.

• 2 weeks later...

this is mine.. well my dads but i own everything in it lol.

all the work happens outside on the most unlevel ground in the world lol. id love a garage that i could get a car in walk around easy and have a 2 poster in. can't work in single garages, would rather man it in a puddle outside :-d

Photo0023.jpg

Does yours actually get used other than events Helen?

lol she does honest! She didn't for 9 months last year couldn't afford to keep on the road so tucked it up for winter. I do work 6 days a week and I'm lucky I get the train to work so the mileage gets saved :-)

I love my romper suit... :-) very handy loads of stuff blows in the bottom of the garage covers the car

I bought one of these for my garage, this prevents all the stuff that blows under the garage door...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GARAGE-DOOR-PARTS-SPARES-FLOOR-SEAL-SAFETY-TOP-7ft_W0QQitemZ380133481313QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_Doors_LE?hash=item5881b89b61&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_4896wt_1136

Also got new side seals too for the door to help even more.