oil filter- am i bein thick??

i went to VW sat and got an oil filter, told the guy there's 2 different types and he kept sayin there is only one, got home to find (after takin the oil out) that it was the wrong one. I need the one with the A on the end of the part number as the hole in the bottom is bigger on mine than the one he gave me.

After a row with the manager i got him to agree to give me the right one and a new bottle of oil to replace what i had to put in as i had to put it all back together.

Anyway, i called up today to find if they had ordered the right one in and the guy who served me (with great attitude) told me that yes, there is two and he has the right one in, but the one he gave me would have fitted, somethin about a pressure release valve and that i dont need the one with the A on the end but i can go and get it anyway....

Just wanted to know if im bein thick??

some parts ppl are a waste of time, i whent to place the other day and asked for a water pump for a vr6 the lad said "is it the aaa engine " i thought great at last a parts guy who know his stuff ,till he came back with a water pump for a 16v golf !!!and he was sure he was right

F**kin d**k, i didnt think it would, i cant see how i am supposed to fit a filer with a hole the size of a 5p a coil the size of a 50p.... it didnt make sense to me..

He obv just cant handle a woman bein right, plus i got him in the sh*t cuz he was in there chattin away to a mate and i said to his manager that maybe if he hadnt been too busy with his mate he might not have f**ked up and given me the wrong thing, so im guessing his manager had a word, but sod him, ive now gotta do a 35 mile round trip to get the filter and go through doin the oil change all over cuz of that muppet..... :@

parts people in vw are a waste of space i do JCB parts and i make mistakes but then what do i know about hydraulics. I think i would do a better job than them in vw as i know my way round vws and parts programs they asked me ifr i had applied for a job lol and they want to sese my mk2 whens its done.

But they todlme there was one filter when i knew there was 2 and i ended up with the wrong one!!

i embaraessed the parts huy in my local stealer when he tried to sell me cheap oil for the lupo when i told him i need the diesel synthetic pd oil he said no your engine isnt a pd engine i say yes it is with a cylinder chopped off 2 of the other guys agreed with me and he got all embarassed lol then sold me the good oil for the price of the cheap stuff lol

well its cuz all the ones near me have 17 year old little d**ks in the parts department, and none of them can handle a girl that knows more about cars than them....

My local GSF are brilliant, cant fault them but thats cuz they're all 30 or older....

Im only gonna go to vw when i really have to now.... sure as sh*t im gonna have some little chav speak to me like that when he's in the wrong....

I've been going to Brighton TPS (The Trade Parts Specilaists) in Burgess Hill. They are a proper wholly owned subsidiary of VAG, so they are like a main dealer, but just do parts. No silly little teen chavs, really knowledgeable folk. Let me have things sale or return (coilpack a few months back as I wasn't sure if it was that or the leads). Give a bit of discount (got top mounts and bearings for a mate's Corrado VR6 for £34.66 inc. VAT the other day). You give 'em the reg and they know all about your car.

Apparantly VW (probably aware that the main dealers employ only muppets and also to reduce dealer part stock holdings) have set these up all around the country. FIND YOURS!! RECOMMENDED.