VR6 VS E36 BMW M3

Just got home after totaly ripping apart an M reg BMW M3, on pull away he had the egde but once i got into second my VR jus kept pulling away from him. Dont get me wrong the BMW was quick and it was a real M3 coz i asked him when we pulled up at the lights. So yeah im well chuffed about that.

Just got home after totaly ripping apart an M reg BMW M3' date=' on pull away he had the egde but once i got into second my VR jus kept pulling away from him. Dont get me wrong the BMW was quick and it was a real M3 coz i asked him when we pulled up at the lights. So yeah im well chuffed about that.

[/quote']

is your car standard mate ?

ha!

Was this a case of you already being foot to the floor and then the M3 realising he's got a race on and him puttng his foot down, then I could understand that you'd pull on him but having owned a 328i Sport and racing a highline, I stayed even's with that..

I've now got an E46 M3 and it'd KILL's R32's, let alone VR6's and it's only got 20bhp more than the 3.22 evo,

Don't mean to offend, my baby is a VR6 and I would love it to beat M3's but no chance and it's a fettled with 3.0.. Even when charged it would be close..

Trust me im sure it was anE36 M3' date=' It was a very close little rip thats the only car that has gave me a good run for my money, If it was an E46 i would have been finished !

[/quote']

174 horses, v 321 (IIRC) horses??

Game over.

It would have been a 328i mate. Either that or he

A. Couldnt drive

B. Couldnt be arsed

C. Didnt know you was racing

Believe me, standard for standard, an M3, not even the evo spec, would have creamed you.

Trust me im sure it was anE36 M3' date=' It was a very close little rip thats the only car that has gave me a good run for my money, If it was an E46 i would have been finished !

[/quote']

174 horses, v 321 (IIRC) horses??

Game over.

It would have been a 328i mate. Either that or he

A. Couldnt drive

B. Couldnt be arsed

C. Didnt know you was racing

Believe me, standard for standard, an M3, not even the evo spec, would have creamed you.

about 280 a normal M3

320 is the m3 evo....

still no chance if driven remotely right

Or it could have been me driving the M3. I am a shit fast driver and I dont mind admitting it - surley not everyone who posts on a forum can be L.Hamilton?. Too many people think they are a great driver. I'm not, and am old enough to admit it. I can drive normally, but when I put my foot down and really hammer it I just dont have the confidence to go proper fast. So I would have thought that the M3 driver just couldn't drive fast, as an M3 would have won the day

Or it could have been me driving the M3. I am a shit fast driver and I dont mind admitting it - surley not everyone who posts on a forum can be L.Hamilton?. Too many people think they are a great driver. I'm not' date=' and am old enough to admit it. I can drive normally, but when I put my foot down and really hammer it I just dont have the confidence to go proper fast. So I would have thought that the M3 driver just couldn't drive fast, as an M3 would have won the day

[/quote']

its not rocket science putting your foot down tho, its having the balls when it gets to the high speeds like you say....

the m3 could shagged possibly, i remebr being over took by a 106 GTi, then i looked into and found my ecu was bust and was robbing me of about 80 bhp lol

its not rocket science putting your foot down tho' date=' its having the balls when it gets to the high speeds like you say....

[/quote']

not quite mate - driving fast is rocket science !! you have to be more on the ball, have more confidence in your car and your ability and be able to correct things subtley and quickly and if your running forced induction a good control of the throttle so you dont just spin the wheels !!!